Tip & How-To about HP Pavilion a1410n (ER890AA) PC Desktop
Internet Explorer 7 only allows you to download two files from the same server at a time. This is not a software limit but rather a limit imposed based on the web standard. Since this is simply a software setting, it can be modified and you can increase the limit to something much high such as 10.
1. Click the Start button, type regedit in the Search box, and then press Enter.
2. After Registry Editor loads, navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
3. Right-click in an open space and create a new DWORD key.
4. Type MaxConnectionsPerServer as the name of the new DWORD key.
5. Right-click this key and select Modify.
6. Set the base to Decimal and enter a value greater than 2, a.Like to use 15 as my value here. Press OK when you are done.
7. Create a new DWORD key and type MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server as the name.
8. Right-click this key and select Modify.
Set the base to Decimal and enter the new value. Use the same value as used in step 6. Click OK when you are finished.
9. Exit Registry Editor and reboot your computer
10. After your computer has rebooted, your new Internet Explorer settings are active.
BY GUNJAN SARKAR
Posted by Anonymous on
Mar 23, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
Select the Delete personal settings check
box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers,
Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings
dialog box, click Reset.
When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click
Close, and then click OK.
Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet
If you close all visible windows, but still get an error message
when trying to reset, you might have programs running that are not visible.
Restart Windows, open Internet Explorer, and
try resetting again.
To back up your home page or home page set before resetting
Internet Explorer defaults, see Back up your
home page or home page tabs.
If any of the categories fail to reset, it is because Internet
Explorer could not access a file or registry setting. This can be caused by
insufficient security privileges, files or settings being used by another
program, or low memory or high CPU usage. You can either continue to use
Internet Explorer without restoring these settings, or restart your computer and
try to reset again.
If you are using Internet Explorer on a server and have turned off
Enhanced Security Configuration or hardening (stronger security settings for use
on servers), reset will go to client-level security. You must reinstall
hardening if you want the increased security level. For more information on
Enhanced Security Configuration, see Enhanced Security
Configuration for Internet Explorer online.
To re-enable add-ons, see Internet
Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions.
Dec 28, 2010 | ZT Group CISNET A7050 PC Desktop
Mar 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2008 | YouTube Videos
2,797 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!