Tip & How-To about Samsung Bd-E8900 3D Smart Blu-Ray Disc Player
The Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player's software for performance improvements or additional
• Never turn the player off or back on manually during the update process.
1) In the Home menu, select the Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
2) Select Support, and then press the ENTER button.
3) Select Software Upgrade, and then press the ENTER button.
4) Select one of the following methods:
• By Online
• By Channel
• By USB
• By Disc
• By Downoaded
• Standby Mode Upgrade
5) Press the ENTER button.
FOR MORE CHECK THE FOLLOWING LINK
Electronics Equipment Repair Center
Posted by Electro... on
New updates available for service issues such as freezing and start up/ recording issues (firmware 2011) are also available from the DGTEC website.download and put on usb drive
Please update software first before replacing hardware...
From DGTEC Website Software Upgrades page: -
Click on the relevant link below to download the latest software update for your DGTEC product. For further help and assistance, please access the DGTEC Call Centre via the Support page.
* DG-FV500PVR Upgrade (zip file 4.3Mb)
* DG-HD6760 Upgrade (rar file 2.3Mb) Upgrade instructions DG-HD6760 (25Kb)
DG-FV500PVR - 500GB HD PVR WITH TWIN TUNER (FREEVIEW)
DG-HD6760 - HD SET TOP BOX WITH USB RECORDING
DG-HDMP1080 - HD MEDIA PLAYER
DG-HDMP1080P - WIRELESS HD MULTI MEDIA PLAYER / STB
DG-HDMP1080TT - HD MEDIA PLAYER WITH TWIN TUNER
DG-HDMP500TT - (NEW MODEL RELEASE)
DG-DABVPR1TB - 1TB HD PVR WITH TWIN TUNER WITH INTEGRAT
DG-DABPVR500GB / DG-DAB+500PVR- 500GB HD PVR / TWIN TUNER WITH INTEGRATED
TV-6600 BAUHN UNIT- 500GB HD TWIN TUNER PVR
GG-HD1200PVR- BAUHN UNIT WITH TWIN TUNER
Note: - Master Override Password 1973
Read instructions carefully before commencing. Software needs to be carried out while the PVR is cold. Go to "Telefix" website and select "Service Guide" or "Download Service Manuals" and download software to a location on the PC Hard Drive.
Unzip file and copy "usb.upg" software onto a blank USB Memory Stick.
Plug USB Stick to USB port of PVR
Connect Power to PVR and switch on so that that the booting process commences.
Press 'Menu' button and scroll left or right by using the arrow buttons to find 'Installation' then press OK to select.
Note: PVR may freeze and not allow selection. Several attempts will be required to enable selection. If problem persists, switch OFF PVR to allow it to cool down then try again or use the alternative method.
1a. Disconnect mains power.
2a. Plug USB Memory Stick to USB port.
3a. Press and hold the CH down arrow button on the unit and then connect mains power.
4a. When the display starts counting down release channel button and the upgrade interface will appear on screen.
7. Scroll down to 'USB Menu' by using the arrow down button then press 'OK' to select.
8. Scroll down to 'USB Upgrade' by using the arrow down button then press 'OK' to commence software update.
· Note: - Please do not shutdown PVR or remove USB Stick during the update process. When the update is complete the PVR will power down and reboot again as normal.
Once the update has completed, reset the PVR by restoring back to Factory Default.
Press Menu ? Installation ? Factory Default ? enter password 0 0 0 0 ? Select 'Yes' ? press OK to rescan channels.
Check Software Version, Press Menu ? Installation ? Version Info ? OK
Apr 11, 2015 | Televison & Video
If you need any further help, please email us back so that we can continue to work on a solution.
May 14, 2011 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Nov 04, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 13, 2008 | Sony Ericsson P990i Smartphone
1,696 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!