20 Most Recent RCA D52W23 52" HDTV CRT TV Questions & Answers

If you wish to get some details; visit the site linked here. Pull up older posts.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Aug 14, 2017

well there could be many reason's for this a circuit failure . does the led come on when you push the power button if so its and goes back off and tried again its a defect in the tv and the set will try three times to clear the problem if its unable to it will shut its self back down to protect the unit . and requires service . if it comes on and stays on and you have no picture or sound then some one will have to do some trouble shooting to determine what is causing your problem

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Jan 07, 2015

Look first in menu to see if convergence option is still there- one issue with this set is a few parts fail and the option is no longer there.

Most convergence problems in this set are bad solder connections under and at the high voltage transformer on the large middle board

you have to be able to get that board out--plugs and plastic snaps hold it in and look for the connections, usually again right at the transformer with its semi-circle of pins under it.

let me know if you have questions.-----photo is of a typical high voltage transformer so you can if want know where to first look.


RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Oct 06, 2014

You don't. The TV's resolution can't be changed. Only the signal resolution from the source can be altered.

The TV reports the resolution of the incoming signal before it is scaled. If you have a BD player you can see the effect of changing the resolution setting from 480p, to 720p, to 1080i, to 1080p 60, to 1080p 24. The last three (the 1080 resolutions) shouldn't look too different with a Blu-ray apart from movement because the native picture is 1080p 24 and the TV is simply converting it back to 1080p 24 for display.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Sep 14, 2014

Trying installing a new power supply. This is the main problem with tv's with the issue. But if you just bought it I would try to get my money back from where I bought it from. Installing a power supply for a tv is not that hard at all.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Jan 05, 2014

This is a TUNERLESS HDTV monitor. This kind of television was manufactured during the period of time when the HD tuner standard was still being defined. Manufacturers did not want to install digital tuners only to find out they were not compatible with the final standard. Having a cable connection would not provide service. You need to use a cable-system provided decoder box and connect either the HDMI or RCA Audio/Video cables to the Monitor. Then use the cable box to select you channnels.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Dec 08, 2013

Need convergence Kit installed. Find honest TV tech

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Nov 14, 2013

XINDA's complete overall solution of engineering services can cut your development time.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Nov 13, 2013

It sounds like it could be your power supply board. You can get one from tristatemodule or shopjimmy. I personally use tristate its always cheaper and Ive had good luck with them but shopjimmy is pretty good too.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on May 14, 2013


RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Apr 27, 2013

If on top of that board and near the rear edge of it that part was smoked by a bad High voltage splitter this set uses.

A photo here would of the board tell me---it can be posted here.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Dec 20, 2012

Sounds like the classic convergence option symptom. If you press menu and scroll to the set up screen see if the auto convergence feature is still listed. If its no longer there the rca repair kit called ITC222 and ITC222A convergence option missing repair kit from www.tvrepairworld.com will usually repair that problem. The kit contains the parts and the CD with repair instructions.

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Nov 14, 2012

Hello, in 95% of those sets it's the fuse off of the hi voltage transformer on the main chassis. It's the largest part with the big red wire coming out of the top. there are 3 brown looking square fuse devices to the right of it and it's the middle one that's bad. that should take care of your problem....thanks. Terry

RCA D52W23 52"... | Answered on Sep 19, 2012

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W23 52" HDTV CRT TV Logo

268 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76416 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1258 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6182 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

RCA Televison & Video

  • RCA Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

change from 480p 1080p rca remote

  • Televison & Video