20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Weed trimmer wont start, spark
The timinmg is preset by the permanent keyed slot built into the inside of the flywheel where it mates with the crankshaft. If the key was broken off, you would get No spark because of the nature of the magneto ignition. Your compression is actually pretty low for a 2 stroke. It should run higher like around 90+. Try this. With plug removed, cover plug hole with thumb and give the pull start a real strong pull. It should push your thumb off of the hole. If it doesn't the compression is too low for the engine to run. Scored piston walls, or cylinder walls could be the problem. Again 60PSI is really low. I would remove the jug and check for piston scoring and cylinder scoring. The engine can be easily rebuilt (but not real cost effective).
on Mar 06, 2019
Is the fuel line filter necessary for trimmer to work
Reverse blow carb. Cleaner through the filter blow in same direction with compressed air and should be good for many more years that is if you clean tank completely with carb. Cleaner and compressed air and check all fuel sources. If fuel is a bit dirty place paper napkin or rag in funnel and use as filter when adding fuel.
on Feb 06, 2019
26CC HOMELITE MIGHTY LITE LAWN TRIMMER PROBLEMS
Had same problem with my reconditioned unit. After a few hours engine would run only with 1/2 choke and full throttle. Like most 2 cycle engines, the unit was starving for gas.
Solution: Adjust both carburetor screws. These screws are located directly below the idle adjustment screw. There are 2 of them side-by-side and they are approx. 3/16 diameter with an oval shaped cast metal raised restricter. Simply remove the plastic round air filter by removing the small nut. Then, using a Dremel tool while wearing safety glasses, cut a slot in the face of each screw. Cutting through the raised cast metal surrounding the screws will not damage the unit. Then using a small flat blade screwdriver, screw each screw clockwise till it stops then back-out each screw 2 turns. Factory setting is 1 - 1/2 turn each. However, the unit over time runs too lean with the factory setting.
Then start unit, let warm up with 1/2 choke, then turn to run position and make any final adjustments.
Making this adjustment, I am once agin able to trim my yard in the idle position. Runs Great !!!! Hope this helps.
on Sep 17, 2018
How to change the trimmer line
Hello! Trimmer Line Installation; Place Trimmer On Workbench Or Floor, Grasp Trimmer Housing With Left Hand Turn Middle Nut With Right Hand,Left To Right Removing Center Peace,In Some Models Suchas Electric Models The Center Piece Just Snaps In.Remove Nut Remove Line&Spool,Bottom Caseing.If Spool&Inner Housing Is Dirty Cleam With Soap&Water.Pay Attention How Line Is Inserted Through Spool,You Will Need To Reinstall Same Way.You Will Need About Twenty Feet Of # 60 Or 65 Line.Buy Line At Any Home Improvement Center. Most Trimmers Are Double Lined.Find Middle Of Line,Thread Through Holes That Old Line Came Out Of.Wind Line Accordingly To Arrows On Spool Edge. Leave Enough Line TO Insert In Groves On Edge Of Spool.Reinstall Spool Put New Line Through Holes In Outer Housing Pull Line Until Line Is Free.reinstall The Rest Of Parts In Reverse.Hope This Helps,any comments welcome,thank you, ii
on Jun 06, 2018
good that you fixed the problem
but to be fair , you would not have mentioned that it sat for a long time before you went to use it
on May 13, 2017
How to fit new fuel line to a Flymo maxi trim 430
Removing old fuel line/disassembly
- Empty petrol tank
- Use a hooked/bent piece of wire or similar to get fuel line and filter out of petrol tank filler hole
- Remove fuel filter from end of fuel line
- Remove air filter housing
- Remove choke control/ plate from carburettor
- Ease old fuel line from carb. inlet. And clean inlet tube if necessary
- Gently but firmly pull old fuel line through hole in base of tank
Fitting new fuel line
- the new fuel line has too big a diameter to fit through the hole in the base of the fuel tank.
- To get round this I heated the end of the tube with a lit match (but a blow torch or gas ring would do) until it was soft enough to fashion into a point- take great care the plastic obviously gets very hot and could burn ***** flesh. The tapered end you form should be at least 1cm long. Allow to cool
- Trim off the end of the tapered point if necessary
- My next problem was to get the tapered end through the tiny hole inside the fuel tank. To help with this I took the innards out of a standard biro then put the fuel line through the empty tube with the tapered end projecting from where the ballpoint used to be. Push the tapered end through the hole inside the tank.(a torch was useful here to help see inside the tank)
- Pull the fuel line through from below the tank until you have enough to push on to the fuel inlet on the carb.
- Cut the tapered end off the tube and push onto the fuel inlet .
- Cut the other end of the tube so there is enough length to reach all parts of the fuel tank.
- Attach fuel filter and push it into petrol tank
- Refit choke plate and air filter housing
on Jul 08, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?