20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Replaced sand now filter isnt working
if u used play sand, or any other type of sand thats NOT pool filter sand, that could be the problem. also if there is too much sand or too little sand that could also cause this.
Where does handle go if i forgot position
when you turn on the pump if it goes to the backwash hose you are in backwash if you turn it on and water comes out the returns its on filter it only goes on two ways
How do i replace a lateral pivot
remove the multiport remove sand with a shopvac then take the vertical pipe up the horizonals and the vertical pipe then can be checked for damage
put a ball valve on line we do that all the time to fix a leaky multiport
Why does the filter basket never seem to catch anything and it never reads to need to be backwashed...but the water is still not clear....what are we doing wrong?
Because of the size of the filter - 18", I would presume this is an above ground pool?
- Do you have a skimmer?
- If so, put some leaves, larger organic debris, etc. into the skimmer. They should end up in the basket of the Hair & Lint Pot!
- That would prove your question to be either working or not.
- If you don't have a skimmer, then you have a suction port in your pool.
- Let that suction port suck some larger debris that would stay in the basket. Again, you will prove or disprove, whether debris is getting to your pump basket (Hair & Lint Pot Basket).
How long has your pump & filter been operating?
How long do you let your pump & filter run per day?
- It should run at least 8 hrs per day.
- If cloudy, you should run continuously until clear.
How long has your water been turbid/cloudy?
- Use a clarifier, Natural preferred, like SeaKlear, daily at recommended dosage, until clear
What is the pressure?
Are you saying that it is the same pressure as Day 1, has not climbed at all?
What do you mean: Does not read that backwash is needed?
What in your understanding is: "Time to backwash the filter"?
You should know the "Starting Pressure" of your Sand Filter!
- When sand is absolutely clean & free of any grime and sticky residue.
- Just added media, when just installed is the best time to make a note of the starting pressure on a working pressure gauge.
- When the pressure rises 8-10 lbs. over starting, time to backwash!
How do I get into the filter to check backwash
you shouldnt have to go inside the filter that is done in the multiport
turn system off turn multiport to backwash till water comes out clean shut off then turn lever to rinse for about 30 seconds turn off pump again turn lever to filter you should see more water pressure coming out of pool return
How do I check the backwash valve?
Is it a vari-flow valve? If so with the pump off set the valve to "filter" then you can remove the screws on the top of the valve and remove the assembly. The gasket that usually goes bad is the "spider gasket", it looks like a pie-chart. Check this gasket for any tears or bends in the rubber, if you see any replace it. Turning the valve with the pump running will cause these gaskets to go out
Water coming out of backwash hose after I return
you for posting your question here on Fixya.com.
need to replace the gasket inside the valve to stop the leak. The gasket kit is
pretty cheap and not too hard to replace. We can try to get you the part number
if you can post the valve brand and model. You should be able to call any local
pool store with the brand of filter and get the part you need without any
this answer does not fix your problem, please comment with additional details
prior to rating the answer. You may also contact me thru our website at www.arrowpools.net. Positive feedback is appreciated
once your problem is solved!
Not finding what you are looking for?