20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have a three year
I'm sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing in playing the new Blu-ray disc in the Sony Blu-ray Player. In most cases, the issue might be with the Java content on the new Blu-ray discs is making these issues. The Blu-ray technology is developing everyday and adding more and more features to the existing technology. Hence it is required to make the Blu-ray Player up-to-date by installing the latest firmware update available from the manufacturer (who ever it is). Going ahead with the first step, please install the latest firmware update
available for the Blu-ray Player.
Please click the following link to get the latest firmware update available for your Blu-ray Player:
I'm sure, installing the firmware update should resolve the issue. If you need any further clarification/assistance, please let me know.
Thanks for understanding.
Issues with blu ray
Go to sony's web site at get the most recent firmware for that model player.Follow the directions as per the site.Most times you can burn the firmware to a cd or a thumb drive.Read and follow the insstructions.
Wont play Blue Ray but will play regular DVDs
If unit does this with all blue ray disks,old and new ones, then the unit is defective. Period
Router has nothing to do with the playback of a disk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need code for Sony BDP-S350 for a Dish Network 622 remote
We would be happy to help you with that. Here is a list of codes that should address your DISH Network remote to your Sony Blu-ray player: 629, 671, 868, 617, 501, and 768.
Press and hold the DVD/VCR button located on the top of the remote until all the mode buttons at the top of the remote light up, then release. Use the number buttons to enter one of the codes for your Sony Blu-ray player, then press the pound (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times. Phillip Chang
DISH Network Customer Service Representative
How to unlock region free on U.S sony bdp-s350
Sony BDP S350 bluray - unlocking to region free
Yes, it is possible, but you'll need a programmable remote - most use the "one for 3/4/6/all". You can hack it by using the same code as for the bdp-s350. Follow the instructions exactly and it should work - mine does.
Programming the 7040 OneforAll remote to enable region free playback of DVD's on the Sony BDP-S350
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 1891 (this sets key 1 - the DVD button flashes twice)
8. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 2552 (this sets key 2 - the DVD button flashes twice)
12. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
15. Press 0953 (this sets key 3 - the DVD button flashes twice)
16. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
19. Press 2214 (this sets key 4 - the DVD button flashes twice)
20. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
23. Press 0795 (this sets key 5 - the DVD button flashes twice)
Done - the remote is now programmed and ready to use
1. Now to make your player region free use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring it out of standby and wait while HOME is displayed
2. Make sure there isn't a disc in the machine.
3. Now on the OneforAll remote press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The blue 24p light on the player will start flashing)
4. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
5. That's it, the next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback
If the blue 24p light doesn't flash then it hasn't worked, try a new set of batteries and start a fresh
SONY BDP-S350 MULTIREGIONAL PROB
You should get Asian firmware.
They are (despite printed DVD Region 3, BD Region A) all DVD region free. Tested on mine (bought in Thailand).
Panasonic BD30 was also DVD Region free. The firmware for that one is available from Panasonic website. Not sure if there's another way than automatic update from inside BD player to upgrade Sony.
My sony blue ray player
I'm having the same problem. My BDP-S350 Blu-Ray Player used to play blu-ray DVD's but suddenly is unable to. Regular DVD's I can play. Please help!
Wont play blu ray disck any more
The most likely cause of your frustration with the BDP-S350 is thatyour player's firmware is not the most current. I have the same model,and had similar problems with newer Blue Ray Discs.
The solution is to go to sony's website
, download the firmware upgrade, burn it to a disc and then load the disc into the player to fix it.
I hope that helps.
Not finding what you are looking for?