20 Most Recent Mackie 1202vlz3 12 Channel Mixer Questions & Answers

Cleaning may be an issue, maybe try putting something under it to air can get to the bottom. I've had to do that with my mixer.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Dec 31, 2013

Apart from the info needed to an accurate diagnosis mixers have been using 4560/4580 opamps since long time ago, some are SOIC or for insert pins in chassis then solder them or lately SMD devices, let me know a bit more such as Mixer brand and What primary circuit means?

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Nov 06, 2013

That's basically normal actually...however it depends on which aux send you're using. If you use aux 1 for the effects, you can use the pre/post switch on the master aux 1 send to switch it to pst fader....now your mute switch should kill the effects as well. Aux 2 is good to use for monitors where you don't need to return them to the mixer.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Aug 10, 2012


Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Dec 08, 2011

Just use balanced audio interconnect cables (XLR or TRS) between the mixer and the M-Audio interface.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Sep 02, 2011

Look here:


Scroll down to "get manual" and click on it to download. IGNORE other download links.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Jun 26, 2011

You connect the powered 15's using balanced cables. The passive speakers you will have to get an amplifier for as the mixer does NOT have a powered output, only line-level audio outputs.
The powered speakers MAY have audio line level outputs to continue to other powered speakers or, as in your case, external amplifiers to drive your passive speakers.
Remember to power ALL interconnected equipment from the same receptacle or source to avoid ground bounce faults that can destroy sensitive circuits in your equipment.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Mar 05, 2011

The internal audio systems in the PC's are inadequate for high quality work. You should get an external audio system that attaches via firewire or USB to your MAC. Then use balanced cables from the mixer to this audio interface. There are MANY different audio interfaces... Search the music equipment suppliers in the "recording" section of their catalog...

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Feb 11, 2011

one CAN join two soundboards BUT at the expense of a higher noise level. You would come out of mains of the slave one and into inputs of the second (master) board. There are many configurations one could do I would suggest bringing these inouts from the slave board into the "AUX RETURNS" jacks.
Use TRS cables (balanced) for the interconnects.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Jan 14, 2011

With a stereo splitter cable that takes the stereo 1/8 plug of the computer into two RCA plugs you could go into the "Tape Input" of the mixer... OR take a 1/8 stereo splitter cable from the PC splitting to a pair of 1/4 inch plugs go into one of the 4 stereo input pairs on the mixer... like 7 and 8 or 9 and 10 for example.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Dec 22, 2010

use the xlr (3 prong) main left and right outputs of the board. get xlr to 1/4 inch cables. one end will be 3 prong, to plug into the mixer, then the other end will be a mono 1/4 inch plug, like a big headphone plug. Then you have to get a dual mono 1/4 inch to stereo 1/8 inch adapter and plug it noto the line in. if there is no lone in, but a microphone jack instead, you will get a mono signal instead of a stereo signal. in this case, just use 1 channel of the mixer, instead of both of the stereo outs, and use a single mono 1/4 inch to mono 1/8 inch adapter.

the xlr to 1/4 inch cables can be purchased at a music store. the 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapters will probably need to be purchased at radio shack.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Nov 30, 2010

thaqts a little vague, what equitment do you have to hook up to it, specifically. i need makes and model numbers for everything you plan to hook up, microphones, amplifiers, speakers, effects processors, compressors, corssovers or varieties of electronic and acoustic instruments.

wiothout specifics, all i can say is "plug mics into whatevver mic imputs, and keyboards into whatever input, and your amps/speakers to the main outputs"

you are asking for quite a lot, try to be more specific about your external equiptment, and try to narrow your question down a bit, and i will be happy to help you out.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Nov 26, 2010

This will depend upon the speakers. I would suggest that you place it in the +4 position with the main slider down and slowly increase it with the speakers set as you normally would have them. If the sound quality is poor at low volumes, then you are overdriving the inputs to the speakers and need to use the other option from the mixer. If you still have questions, please post what you are using for powered speakers and I can better guide you.


Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Nov 18, 2010

This could be caused by one or more of numerous issues. Generally speaking, it will most likely be a job for an electronics technician and could become expensive, depending on the root cause. If the seller of the console did not list this problem in the product description in the auction, I would definitely contact them and negotiate a reduction in price after you establish the cost of repair. A shop would be able to give you a "ballpark" idea of the cost (at least a minimum to even look at the console). You also should have the option to return the unit to the seller, unless specified otherwise, for a refund.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Nov 02, 2010

RCA jacks do NOT connect to the USB. One is aanalog audio, the other digital.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Sep 05, 2010

Your best bet is to contact Mackie directly for a distributor in the UK.

The contact information is listed below.


LOUD Technologies Europe PLC GENERAL CONTACT Unit 1 Century Point, Halifax Road. Cressex Business Park
High Wycombe, BUCKS, HP12 3SL, UK
Phone: + 44 (0) 1494 557 398
SALES Email: [email protected]
SERVICE Email: [email protected]

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Aug 20, 2010

Your power amp should be connected to MAIN OUT left and right. NOT the MAIN "in".

The CD is connected correctely as you described. Make sure the CD has a line level output to match the input expected by the mixer.
Note:Walkman style CD players require a special cable to go between 1/8 inch stereo to dual RCA plugs.

You have to advance the MAIN fader.

You should be using TRS interconnect cables from the mixer to your amps OR using XLR cables.

Mackie 1202vlz3... | Answered on Jul 24, 2010

Not finding what you are looking for?
Mackie 1202vlz3 12 Channel Mixer Logo

Popular Tags

44 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mackie Music Experts


Level 3 Expert

5700 Answers

Pieter Vleeshouwers
Pieter Vleeshouwers

Level 3 Expert

2027 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Are you a Mackie Music Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Mackie Music

  • Mackie Music

Most Popular Question

mute button cuts main audio but effects

  • Music