20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I used WL-500gP V2
Have you attempted a hard reset? There is a small button on the rear or bottom of unit. Depress that for 10 or so seconds and the unit will perform a factory reset. Try that to determine if it will remember the recent downloaded firmware.
Resetting router password?
You must perform a factory reset using the reset button on the rear the device. You will then have to login using the factory default user id and password, create your new password, then reconfigure your router to your system as all settings were reset to factory defaults.
I have lost the
Welcome to Fixya
There is a restore button at the back of the router. This will reset the router back to the factory defualt state. Use a pin and gently push the button. Wait until the unit will initialize. Test the issue again.
Please get back to me of any results.
Thank you for using Fixya! If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/elixirjose_00375ea24bd8141b
Cannot connect to wireless internet
Perform a 'hard reset'--(it resets the router to its factory default settings):
- Look at the back--find the 'reset' button near the power connector;
- Press and HOLD the reset button for a little over 5 seconds (all the lights should blink off, then start coming back on slowly, blinking, one by one);
- Just wait! In less than a minute, your router should 'come up' with all its factory settings set to 'default'.
- Now, once lights are pretty steady, you can try connecting again;
- If you're directly connected (via ethernet cable) to it, typing 192.168.1.1 into your web browser address bar will let you access, view, and change all your router settings
- If you are trying to connect wirelessly, and then modify settings, have your laptop search for the SSID named 'default'--that's what this model automatically names its wireless signal from the factory. Connect to that signal--it should be 'open' and unsecured, so do this and make your changes pretty quickly, in order to secure your own connection!
- Once you're connected to the signal, type 192.168.1.1 (same as if you were connected via wire) and get started customizing it for yourself!
Hope this helps!
My asus wl-500gP v2 can't connect to the wan
Your ISP address is dynamic, which means every time you log on to your ISP, your WAN IP address changes, this helps to stop hacking. Your ISP even though it is cable uses PPPoE/PPPoA, so you should set your router to this, not dymamic, setting your router to dynamic will make your router look for a different IP address every time your computer tries to log to it, your computer should have e.g 192.168.1.2, which is static, you can check this by going to command prompt and typing ipconfig, see what it brings up. hope this helps and post back if you need further help.
router should have a reset button.
push that, then re-try.
Tablet wont charge
Use a higher amp rated charger, (same voltage and polarity)..but I would suggest letting it complete it's charging cycle before trying to operate it..
Hello, My HDD led is not blinking on my PC but when I connected to my friends PC it worked. The green light is working perfectly when I connect it to the HDD led point it blinks but the red.
Look for the LED pins on your motherboard. One should be labeled HDD+ and one HDD- make sure the cables are plugged into these pins. Doesn't really which color wire to the + or - If it is plugged in the LED on your case could be bad. To test this will need a multimeter. Unplug the HDD cables from the pins. Set the multimeter to measure resistance the horseshoe 1 or 10 Ohms is fine. Stick a probe in each connector if the probes dont fit stick a paper clip in each hold and touch the probe to the paper clips. Dont let the clips touch. If you get no reading then the LED probably burnt out. If the LED tests ok you can leave it unplugged and turn on the computer. Set the multimeter to 10 Volts. Touch the red probe to the HDD+ pin and the black probe to the HDD-. DO NOT TOUCH BOTH PINS WITH ONE PROBE OR YOU WILL SHORT IT. Be careful... If you don't get a reading then there is no voltage making it to the pins.
Not finding what you are looking for?