20 Most Recent
Acer V193w LCD Monitor Questions & Answers
Monitor display V193 W
Hi, maybe DVI cable or port is faulty, to test you could use VGA port , in the following picture you can see installation of monitor.
How does one set the 1440 X 900 resolution on the
Right click on your desktop and select properties, then select the Settings tab and you'll be able to adjust your resolution there. Your graphics card/driver will have to support the resolution you desire.
How do I adjust the color on monitor?
- 1Check the color balance options on your monitor. Typically, there is a button on the monitor itself that can be used to enter the Settings menu and configure color. The color balance may have somehow been changed, resulting in the pink image.
- 2 Calibrate the color system for your monitor through Windows. Press "Windows-X" to open the Power User menu and select "Control Panel." In the Search bar, type "calibrate display" and click on "Calibrate Display Color" when it shows up. Provide your administrator password or confirmation if prompted.
- 3 Check to see if the cable connecting the monitor to the computer is loose by lightly jiggling the connector at both points. If it's loose, this could be the cause of the display error. Secure the connection and see if the issue has cleared up.
- 4 Check the connectors themselves for bent or damaged pins. A damaged pin can cause a faulty connection, which can lead to errors like a pink-tinted screen. If the pins are just bent, you can try to bend them back into place with a pair of needle nose pliers. If they are otherwise damaged or missing, you'll have to replace the cable itself.
- 5 Perform a factory reset of your monitor if replacing the cable has not repaired the issue. Instructions for a factory reset vary from one model and manufacturer to the next, so consult your owner's guide for detailed instructions.
- 6 Connect your computer to a different monitor if the problem persists after factory reset. If the problem persists with a new monitor, the issue is likely with your video card. If this is the case, consult the card's manufacturer for detailed diagnosis and assistance. If not, your monitor may be damaged and incapable of rendering a properly colored image. Take it to a repair professional for repair or replace it.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8446307_fix-color-pink-hue-everywhere.html
LCD MONITOR HAS VERTICAL LINE AND AS NO DISPLAY
Time to replace sorry
The chips that display the colours and pixels may have had some damage when moving or
the age of the unit may also be the cause,either way the unit might now be a paperweight,
Good luck with this one
Screen is Too Bright
2 ways if a pc screen either display props and custom or advanced or on lcd a menu for a ajust ments try google for instructions to you lcd.
I have v193w acer desktop
Ive had that problem recent, same monitor. Same months to be exact, though started around October 2010 then got worse. Do not send it back to Acer, I did and the cost was 20 bucks to ship to them and all I got was a note and monitor back saying they tested and then did Extended testing and found nothing. Not even had it for 1 year or 2 years to say, 3 year warranty. Just going to buy a new one and perhaps a LED from ASUS, the V stands for Value on Acer website, guess I got what I payed for. Think it was $166 I payed for this thing. It is shame, as its nice monitor but I cannot have it not trusty like this, cannot even play some games without it going off like this. Worst if I put the monitor in Graphics or Movie mode makes it worse it seems.
How do I change the contrast on my monitor Acer
mcdevito75 here, Press the AUTO button on the monitor under to lower edge of monitor itself. This restores factory settings, if you still want to adjust, press MENU button then use left / right arrows to adjust picture quality.
Cable not connected
make sure the data cable is firmly connected to the pc, if yes then your data cable is faulty. look for bent pins or cable cuts. also test on a known working cpu, if all fails take it to a repair shop
My screen is too bright
there's a button on the monitor which brings up the OSD or the menu there you can change settings.
Not finding what you are looking for?