20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I need a wiring diagram for a 1995 Honda Civic for my kdc-mp538u
Car Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Blue/White
Car Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Radio Power Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Radio Amplifier Turn On Trigger Wire: N/A
Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2?
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Black
Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2?
Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Brown/White
on Sep 22, 2015
I have a kdc-mp538u and the screen just stop working any help
It could be dirty contacts on the back of the faceplate. Have you tried to clean the metal contacts? Use a pencil eraser on the contacts and try to get them nice and shiny. If the contacts are hard to clean with an eraser, remove the faceplate and replace it on the deck several times and see if that helps. If the deck still doesn't work properly, try a reset by hitting the reset button with a pen tip. It is located below the volume control.
on Jun 03, 2014
My kdc-mp538u the screen will not come on what can i do
Check the cables in the back of it. If tou already did that how old is it? If relativly new might want to check possibility of wires in back getting wet. If none of those and you have a removable face the connectors between the base and the face are crapping out. Try getting a new face.
on May 25, 2014
I have a kdc mp538u
You can enter a 4-digit security code as an option after purchase of the unit. If you do so, make sure it is noted down somewhere. If you did select a code (or the previous owner has done so) this must be used when the unit is removed from the vehicle, or the constant power source is disconnected from the unit. When constant power is restored to the unit, the security code must be entered before the unit becomes operational.
If the code is lost or forgotten I am afraid the unit has to be re-coded by a Kenwood dealer.
Hope this helps,
Good luck with it.
However here is a link for a tip as posted by robotek, therefore all credit should go to him, Regards.
on Apr 16, 2011
Cant adjust the time o
- Select Clock Adjustment item during Menu mode (In Standby mode see below for standby mode explained). Select the "Clock Adjust" display.
- Enter Clock adjustment mode. Press and hold the control knob for at least one second. The clock will blink.
- Adjusting the clock. Push the control knob towards the left or right to select hours or minutes. To adjust each item turn the control knob or push it towards up or down.
- Exit clock adjustment mode. Press the (FNC) button.
- Turn on the power.
- When the power is ON, select a source.
- SRC Select mode 1: PRess the (SRC) button and then turn the Control nob or push it toward left or right.
- To determine the selected source, press the Control knob.
- SRC Select mode 2: Pressing this button each time switches between sources.
- Turner ("Turner"), USB or iPOD ("USB" or "iPod"), CD ("Compact Disc"), Auxiliary input ("AUX"), and Standby ("STANDBY")
- Press at least 1 second to turn off the power
on Nov 10, 2010
My kenwood kdc-mp53u flashes PROTECT whats wrong
Protect indicates that there is a short or a grounding problem usually within the speakers
or the speaker wiring. Locate and press the reset button (pinhole). If protect comes back then disconnect all speakers, reset and connect them back one at a time until protect shows up again. This will help you find out where the unwanted DC signal is coming from. If protect shows up when all speakers are disconnected, then it may need service.
on Oct 09, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?