20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
From where do I download India maps for my
Hey, I had a similar issue of maps of USA with a GPS of a Garmin and Magellan with jump framework, at that point I searched for and they suggested me a specialized help in top took care of, they previously unraveled it and they stacked me maps of all USA. I trust it serves you. for more information visit : https://www.gpsupdatesupport.com
10/18/2021 6:06:12 PM •
on Oct 18, 2021
I cannot get roadmate to update on Windows 10; does not recognize it.
try using a friends computer who has an older system. I used my Mom's, it was Windows 7. Finally it installed the updates, no problem. It took me weeks to figure out this work around, but I got it to work. Very bad customer service on Magellan's part. But I suppose Microsoft is also to blame. I doubt Windows 10 will ever work, when they upgrade, they don't integrate the drivers, making a lot of devices obsolete. Let me know how it goes...
5/26/2019 4:19:09 AM •
on May 26, 2019
UPDATE MAPS ON MY MAGELLAN
According to Magellan at their website, a new map update will be available next month (sometime).
There is a firmware update there now. The firmware update works fine if you follow their instructions.....full battery charge etc.
4/12/2016 8:05:46 PM •
on Apr 12, 2016
HOW DO I UPDATE THE 1412
To update your magellan roadmate is very simple. But take note, there are two (2) types of updates:
- Software update, which are free.
- Maps update, but you have to purchase them.
Either ways you will get both updates from the support link from th magellan website.
For software update:
- first go to the website, www.magellangps.com,
- Place the cursor on the support link and a list will pop out,
- From the list select manuals and softwares,
- Select the manuals and software link that is on the page,
- You select the vehicle navigation form the list,
- Once you select the type some other pages come up then you select the road mate,
- Once you select the road mate, a list comes up, then you select the road mate 1412,
- Then the download link will pop up, then you click on the link to download it.
- Once you download it, connect your gps to the computer, then you update it from there.
Sometimes, the moment you have the magellan roadmate software on your computer, as soon as there is a latest update, it will notify you to download it for your gps update.
To update a map,
- You purchase the maps once they are available from magellan website,
- go to the website as stated above,
- place the cursor on the maps ans a list will come out,
- Select either vehicle navigation maps or outdoor maps depending on what you want to update,
- Then you select the product type and the product model
- A page will pop up with the latest map for you to download.
- Then you add to cart.
That way your maps will be updated.
I hope this information helped.
4/12/2016 7:43:27 PM •
on Apr 12, 2016
I need India maps to
Magellan withdrew from European PND market, but have partnered with Mio (http://eu.mio.com) to offer a trade in towards a new Mio device.
Give them a call and see what they have available ;)
8/22/2015 5:44:29 PM •
on Aug 22, 2015
My gps touch screen does
try the calibration screen in the options menu and follow the directions...make sure you hold the screen over the X until it moves to the next position.
if that fails, you might need a digitizer...let me know and ill help you
i fix these and many other magellan
gps daily so when considering
my advice , please understand i do not google my solutions.
Standing Member of G.O.T.
12/6/2014 6:00:56 PM •
on Dec 06, 2014
Gps 1412 will not charge
Have you check the voltage output on your power/charger cord? It's easy to test if you know how to use a multi-tester or take it to a small electronics shop like a Radio Shack.If there is no voltage output from the charger, then simply replace the cord. I have found that those charging cords can break real easily but it's hard to physically see any damage.Otherwise, if you've already tried a new charger, you may need to send your GPS in for service.
4/8/2014 12:26:26 PM •
on Apr 08, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?