20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Can not get wine cooler
the light is on and no fan or compressor is running then its your
thermostat that is bad. That's the only thing that turns on those parts.
As you said the unit is new you should contact your dealer either to
Keep us updated.
on Aug 21, 2011
The system will not cool and want to replace the
I have a Cuisinart Model CWC900 wine cooler that stopped cooling -- the cooling module is bad.
1. First remove the filler plugs from the screw access holes. I did this by tapping the plug off center with a small screwdriver and a small hammer. The plugs popped right out.
2. Use a #10 Torx driver to remove the screws from the holes.
3. The chip on my cooler was a TEC1-12708 made by HB. The part # was on the chip. I found the chip information by doing a Google search on the part #.
4. I found a replacement chip from Custom Thermoelectric. The part # to replace the chip in my cooler was P/N 12711-5L31-09CQ. Cost is about $20. You should specify that the chips that you order should be 'Sealed'. The lady that I spoke with said that the chips last about two years. The people at Thermoelectric were very helpful and appeared to be very knowledgeable.
5. You should apply heat-sink grease to both sides of the chip before installing the chip.
I hope that this helps.
on Apr 24, 2011
How do i get the cabinet off to get to the fans on
You'll have to drill out the little plastic tabs which hide the star screws. I used a Dremel and a quick tap on each little tab to make a small hole, then pried out the plug. Then use a star tool (T10) to remove screws. The fans get dusty and sieze up. Lousy assembly to keep clean, but will be easier now. I had to replace the larger fan.
on Apr 06, 2010
Thermoelectric plate does not appear to transfer heat
you should see if theres a DC voltage going to the plate or not. it should noticeably heat up instantly with proper voltage applied. if power is there and it doesnt heat then the thermoelectric device needs to be replaced. also you should be able to measure a resistance of the plate. Should not be shorted or open. it should be a relatively low resistance. like a few ohms. and it may read different depending on which direction you connect the leads.
on Nov 07, 2009
As I can improve the yield of refrigeration of the
Here is the breakdown on this machine by temperature - it only works optimally in a room that is 68-70 degrees, which is a little on the cold side:
to actually reach 7 degrees Celsius, the room temp must be 68 degrees Farenheit or below
to reach 9 C, room must be 70 F or below
to reach 11 C, room must be 72 F or below
all problems with this wine cellar will be aggravated during the summer months
on Sep 29, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?