20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Need password for Westell DSL
the default username is usually ADMIN, and the default password is PASSWORD. If it has been changed, you can reset using pinhole reset on bottom or back or just unplug it for a few seconds.
Hope this gets you up and running:)
8/22/2010 5:26:55 AM •
on Aug 22, 2010
Do i need a wireless router if i have westell
Yes. The Westell 6100f is not a wireless modem, therefore, you will need to get a wireless router to connect wireless computers.
Or if your ISP is Verizon and you want a wireless modem/router, you may contact them and replace the Westell 6100f with a Westell Versalink 327w, or Westell 7500, or an Actiontec.
Hope this helps!
3/1/2010 6:07:49 AM •
on Mar 01, 2010
What is the connection type for a verizon model
That device is capable of working on different connection types but thats not your question. It appears your being asked by utorrent for your speed. Do a speedtest
or look at your bill and find out what speed package your on OR just select 768 or greater if thats an option.
8/27/2009 9:37:19 PM •
on Aug 27, 2009
What type of modem do I need?
The 2100 modem is a bridge modem only, it doesn't do either NAT or PPPoE. Don't worry what that means, just that it's good news. It is already a dumb plain pass-through, so you won't have to dumb it down so that it won't conflict with the router's functions. I am also going to make a wild guess here that you are in a part of the Verizon network that was GTE before it was bought by Verizon, and are not using PPPoE, but rather DHCP. If you were in an area that was BellAtlantic before Verizon that means you are on PPPoE and you have had your Verizon DSL for 3 or 4 years or longer (about then they started using the 2200 modem for PPPoE customers).
Configure your Windows XP PPPoE client as follows:
1) Go to Start >Control Panel >Network and Internet Connections.
2) Select Network Connections under the Pick a Control Panel icon.
3) Click Create a new connection under Network tasks.
4) Enter your area code in the location information (if asked), and click OK twice.
5) Click Next when the "Welcome to the new connection wizard" window displays.
6) Select Connect to the Internet and click Next.
7) Select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
8) Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password and click Next.
9) Type "DSL Modem? ( you can use your ISP Name here) for the ISP name, and click Next.
10) Enter your BellSouth username followed by "@ISP NAME (if required by your ISP)" and password. Confirm your password, and click Next.
11) Click Add shortcut to this connection to my desktop and the DSL Modem icon will be added to your desktop. Click Finish.
12) Click the DSL Modem icon to begin surfing.
Best of luck
6/15/2009 7:38:14 PM •
on Jun 15, 2009
I need to change the password on my verizon router I do not have verizon internet can you please help me ?
It is clear you have not setup encryption within the router. You need to access your router, go into the router setup and setup security normal wpa2 or wep pending your computers and operating system in use. It will ask you for a secret passkey to enter. Without having this setup any one can cannot to your wireless router. But once the passkey has been setup only you will be able to access it. Very easy fix. if your do not know how to access your router control follow the instruction manual that cam with it, it is normally well explained or just contact me again. regards Hands of Time.
8/2/2014 12:11:44 PM •
on Aug 02, 2014
How do I reset the password for my router ?
At the back of your router there is a small pinhole with the word "reset" printed just below the pinhole. Use a paperclip push it softly into the pinhole until you feel it makes contact with this switch, press in and hold for 3 to 5 seconds. That will do the trick. Cheers HoT.
8/2/2014 12:06:54 PM •
on Aug 02, 2014
Forgot ssid password
Where are you entering it? (In the router it should be) and simply enter "change password" you will then need to enter this new P/W into your laptop / PDA / iPhone etc.
5/24/2014 9:20:00 PM •
on May 24, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?