Questions & Answers
Disk boot failure
Technically you can copy all the data from one to another hdd but not the operating system
You have to install your operating system (windows, linux or MAC) on your new 500gig hdd and then copy your data from 60gig hdd.
145 views | 0 helpful votes
How do I take get the money to come out of the undeposited funds
Which accounting package are you using? The Avanquest Computer Utilities doesn't have an accounting section to my knowledge. If you have Quickbooks, go to Banking (in the Menu Bar) and select Make Deposits. There will be a button to see the funds in the Undeposited list. Check each one and select the account into which the deposits are going. Then click Deposit (or whatever the button is for your version). Then Save, if needed.
I've used Quickbooks 2009-2012. There have been slight differences between the versions.
I hope this helps. Please give more information so that I can double-check the titles/buttons for your accounting software.
(My family business is set up so that I usually enter sales and another person enters the deposits on another day.)
39 views | 0 helpful votes
Problems with avanquest vhs 2 dvd converter
Enter 'kodak easyshare images cutline' in google. A link will appear to a kodak help site 'What shall I do when my picture has a zigzag line through it.....?' The kodak solution works (I've tried it!). It's laborious but you get your pictures back.
362 views | 0 helpful votes
I bought The Smart BusinessPack
Listen, I do not know why the solution for this should be so difficult, but I would suggest you contact SoftCity for your technical support questions. This is an inexpensive program and most of us use the higher end POS and invoicing applications, such as QuickBooks Pro.
137 views | 0 helpful votes
I purchased a CD today
So there are possibly a couple different things you can do. First off if it's not compatible with Windows 7 it's not compatible. You can run the program in compability mode, so if you install it on the computer, you can right click the desktop icon select properties then the compatibility tab, and you can run it in Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Now if you just want the whole CD on your computer you can put the CD in the CD drive then go to my computer or in your case you Computer right click the CD and choose open, then you will be able to see the contents of the CD and you can use Ctrl + A to select all, then right click and select copy, then paste the contents into a directory on your computer then you will have the program on you computer that you can use without having to put the CD in.
89 views | 0 helpful votes
Mystery of cleopatra installs up
You can try to right-click on the icon then choose compatibility tab and then put a check on the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode. Hope this helps!!
761 views | 0 helpful votes
My deep scan will not
Well we will be able to solve this issue. Its kind of a common problem associated with Sunbelt
. Before going further I would like to know some details about your knowledge
of computers and operating system
. Because the steps I am going to describe here are technical and requires you to be an experienced user
. You have to be comfortable
of System tools
. Otherwise, I have to provide a more detailed
solution. So, first I would like to answer
a few questions to better understand the client and the issue
Please include these information in your next reply. Otherwise you will not be able to get a Customized solution
- Are you a comfortable user with the Operating System?
- Which Operating System does your computer run?
- When did you observe that your PC has this problem?
- Did you do a Customized Installation or a Typical / Full Installation?
- Did you do Deep System Scans earlier?
- Did you Aware of the Fix-it utilities package and its available tools / utilities ? Hope you have read the Product guide and User manuals before using the Software.
- Do you have any other Anti-spyware / malware scanners running inside of your PC?
- What is the EXACT error message you receive? That is very important.
- Have you Installed or Un-installed any software recently?
The solution may depend on your Answers
- Freezing the PC: 4 possibilities
- Most probably because of the Invoke of Viper Anti Virus package. Its natural to stop at 99%, if so.
- Unable to load the Sunbelt Component.
- The required component is either missing or corrupt.
- The Virus had jammed one of the components.
- If you are a comfortable user with PCs, I can give you instructions to the point without going to a detailed description.
- The steps will depend on your Operating System.
- The first occurrence (date / time) is important. So that I will be able to be specific about whether there is a Virus Infection or Not.
- Depending on your Installation methods some components or packages may or may not have been installed.
- If you have successfully completed Deep System Scans earlier then it may be a Virus and it may have jammed the Viper package (Viper is the Sunbelt AV suite).
- Fix-it has many Tools and Utilities Integrated into their package. Such as Anti Virus Protection. They use Sunbelt's Viper AV suite. So you will not be able to see any Fix-it Anti Virus packages running. This is a very common confusion among users of Fix-it. But even other packages (all most every package) which are designed to do SYSTEM MAINTENANCE do include Alien Anti Virus Programs developed by other companies. It is a well known fact. So if you have chosen the Typical installation, it may not have been installed. But it will be available with the Full installation. If you have used the Customized installation, you had the ability to Control the Installation of the Sunbelt Viper as well as other Components (one by one). So now you have to be Aware whether you have the software or not. Please go into this location and check whether its available. C:\Program Files\Common Files\AntiVirus\SBAMSvc.exe or C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe. If it exists with files in it, you have that component. Otherwise you do not have it.
- If you have any single instance of an Anti Virus Suite Installed (or any malware or a spyware remover), please REMOVE it. Otherwise two applications will definitely lead each other to a huge Conflict. Because each will think and treat them selves as Viruses. You cannot run two suites simultaneously.
- You must include the message (error or warning message) with the next reply if you were not able to solve this.
- If you have Installed or Un-installed any software during this period, it may have altered the configuration of the Viper or might have Removed Shared Components. If so, you have to do a Repair Installation using Add or Remove Programs. Or you can do an In-place Upgrade (upgrading to version 10) but you may have to Purchase License.
- Have you ever CONFIGURED the AV suite which comes with Fix-it ?
I have included Several solutions to the point form
, in the Possibilities
section. The problem is either you have Sunbelt Viper and it has a problem associated with or you haven't installed it. If it is available, you have to read the Message and you have to Paste it with your Next Reply. Then I can be specific.
You have to use Windows Event Viewer utility
to check for further errors associated with the Software
Please feel free to contact me again. You have to reply if you are unable to solve the issue.
- Tap Win key of your Keyboard
- Type in Run (if you use Windows 7, you can type in the Search box in the Start Menu - Not Windows Search)
- If you use Windows 7, alternatively you can type this command directly into the Search box with the Start Menu and hit enter key. Chose to run as the Administrator. For other Operating Systems, get the Run box and type the following Command and Hit Enter key.
- Go to the "Application" category.
- Check Errors (red X mark) and Warnings (Yellow ! mark) related to this Software (Fix-it or Sunbelt Viper or SBAMsvc service). If you examine any, please include it to the next Reply - You can Ignore the Warnings. If the Service cannot Start (if you see any error like that) let me know. I will describe how to start a Service manually. It might be Disabled as well. If its Available however, you will see it running in the background and in the Taskbar (bottom right corner). You MUST use Task manager every time to check whether its up and running (Right click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager. Go to "Processes" tab and check for Services such as SBAMsvc.exe).
- Have you ever Configured the Anti Virus suite? That is a very important question. If you haven't worked with it, it may have Removed or Quarantined Viruses already. Or it may not know what to do. So please use Fix-it to Invoke it and Configure it. Ask me if you do not know how to configure the Viper AV suite.
- If you examine that you have not installed it or something Jammed it, please do a Repair Installation. Insert your Fix-it CD/DVD and go to Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs. Click on it and check whether the "Repair" or "Change" button Available (Or Change/Remove). If so, click on it and follow the Instructions to Install or Repair the Anti Virus Component. Otherwise you may have to do an Un-installation and do a Re Installation. Make sure that your are NOT Running ANY OTHER Anti Virus Suites.
Have a good day!
Thanks for contacting Fixya!
-Lasitha (Microsoft Brand Expert)
305 views | 0 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?