20 Most Recent
Raymarine Dsm30 Digital Sounder Module Questions & Answers
Raymarine "DSM connection lost"
Has the DSM and the E120 software been upgraded to the latest software: 4.12 for the DSM and 5.52 for the E120?
Try this first. You can download the software off Raymarine.com and burn each to a separate compact flash card.
I have seen many problems like you are experiencing solved with this simple change.
If this doesn't solve the problem, the DSM will have to go back to Raymarine for repair.
It sounds like a software issue. If the depth still shows numbers and not dashes, that indicate that the DSM and trandsucer is working. Be sure that you have the most recent software for the E120 and for the DSM. You can find info about the current software and how to load it on Raymarine's website. It is important to perform a factory reset once the new software is loaded. If that doesnt solve your trouble, you will need to consult Raymarine's tech support dept.
Sounder picture on e 80 freezes 20 min. after power on.
your feeling is correct on this
it is still probably software!
but also be aware that the power in connections are very susceptible to vibration and strains and once cracked inside they get a mind of their own. If this is a come and go problem that won't resolve, reflow the solder joints inside the DSM.
How do I connect my garmin 741sx with my raymarine St 4000 with nmea 183
To connect your Garmin 741sx with your Raymarine ST 4000 using NMEA 183, you will need an NMEA 0183 interface cable to connect the two devices. Here are the steps to follow:
- Obtain an NMEA 0183 interface cable that has the correct connectors for your Garmin 741sx and Raymarine ST 4000.
- Connect one end of the NMEA 0183 interface cable to the NMEA output of your Garmin 741sx.
- Connect the other end of the NMEA 0183 interface cable to the NMEA input of your Raymarine ST 4000.
- Configure your Garmin 741sx to output NMEA 0183 data. Refer to your Garmin 741sx manual for instructions on how to configure NMEA output.
- Configure your Raymarine ST 4000 to receive NMEA 0183 data. Refer to your Raymarine ST 4000 manual for instructions on how to configure NMEA input.
- Once both devices are configured, the data from the Garmin 741sx should be transmitted to the Raymarine ST 4000 via the NMEA 0183 interface cable.
2/23/2023 5:01:41 PM •
on Feb 23, 2023
Raymarine c120 classic intermittent no data source
"Finally convinced him that **your** specs requiring the 4c cable at those lengths was correct"
You know we are Fixya and not Raymarine? We just have a Raymarine category for handy filing of questions and answers.
This question needs a factory service department technician on the phone.
As a boat owner, who doesn't have radar, and reading your post carefully, I would suggest the connection at the top of the mast. It is far more hostile up there, and it has been up there a long time.
7/10/2021 9:20:46 PM •
on Jul 10, 2021
Not finding what you are looking for?