Breadman ultimate....power but blank screen
(N.B. I think there may be two variants of the Ultimate Plus, TR2500BC. They can be
distinguished by the number of rivets in the pan, 3 or 4. Mine has 3.)
I had a similar problem. Holding down the Reset button and plugging
or unplugging the machine didn't work for me. (Note: I've been
pretty careful to hold the Reset button when I unplug the machine
after baking a loaf.) This procedure worked for me:
1. Unplug the machine.
2. Remove the plastic keypad housing. There are three screws: left,
right, rear. (Note: One has a different thread from the others.)
3. Rock the housing back and forth to remove it.
4. Remove the white protective cover. It has two screws.
5. (You *did* unplug the machine, didn't you?)
6. Identify the ribbon cable and locate where its connector seats on
the circuit board.
7. The circuit board has little printed labels opposite each pin.
At one end are the labels GND, VCC, VDD, in order.
8. Short together GND and VCC with a small piece of wire by sticking
the ends of the wire into the top of the connector to touch the contacts.
9. Do the same with GND and VDD.
10. The machine should work now. With the keypad housing, circuit
board, and cables safely away from the metal body, plug the machine in.
You should hear a beep, and all should be well.
11. Rejoice, be glad, and make some bread.