20 Most Recent
Maytag MFX2570AEM French Door Freestanding Refrigerator Questions & Answers
Ice Maker bar won't come down
I have not worked on this model before but on the whirlpool they have a bar as well. you can turn off ice maker by pushing it up and it locks in place to stop ice production. if u want it to make ice u push it up slightly and it should move down. also check the ice maker tray to be sure u are getting water to the tray. if u get the bar to go down and no water comes in then check that u have water at the back of fridge.. if u have water there but not in the tray then you may have a bad water inlet valve on back of fridge.
4/13/2018 5:00:19 AM •
on Apr 13, 2018
I replaced my HV control board on my Maytag MFI2067AES and programmed the code from my refrigerator but the code is not being saved. Do I have the wrong board?
If you have replaced the HV control board on your Maytag MFI2067AES refrigerator and programmed the code from your refrigerator, but the code is not being saved, there could be a few possible causes:
- Wrong board: It's possible that you may have installed the wrong control board for your refrigerator model. Make sure to double-check the part number and compatibility before installing a new control board.
- Improper programming: Make sure that you are properly programming the control board with the correct code. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and ensure that you are entering the code correctly.
- Control board issue: It's possible that the control board itself may be defective and is unable to save the code. Try resetting the control board to factory defaults and reprogramming it with the correct code. If the issue persists, you may need to replace the control board again.
- Other issues: There could be other issues with your refrigerator that are preventing the code from being saved, such as a faulty user interface or a problem with the door switch. You may need to perform further diagnosis or seek the help of a qualified repair technician to identify and fix the issue.
3/17/2023 8:05:57 PM •
on Mar 17, 2023
Maytag refrigerator control panel
It's possible that the issue is with the control board and not just the control panel. Before replacing the control board, here are a few things you can check:
- Make sure the control panel is properly connected to the control board. Check the connections and make sure they are secure.
- Check for any damaged wires or connectors. Look for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or loose connectors.
- Check the voltage to the control board. Use a multimeter to check the voltage at the control board. If there is no voltage, there may be an issue with the wiring or power supply.
- Check the fuses on the control board. If the fuses are blown, the control board will not function properly.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the control board is faulty and needs to be replaced. However, it's important to note that diagnosing and repairing electrical issues can be dangerous and should only be attempted by qualified professionals. If you're not comfortable working with electrical components, it's best to seek the help of a certified technician.
3/15/2023 4:32:15 AM •
on Mar 15, 2023
Why is water collecting and freezing on the floor of my freezer compartment?
Water collecting and freezing on the floor of your freezer compartment is likely due to a clogged or frozen defrost drain. When the refrigerator goes through a defrost cycle, the melted ice and frost should drain through the defrost drain and into the drip pan underneath the refrigerator. However, if the drain is clogged or frozen, the water will collect on the freezer floor and eventually freeze.
To fix this issue, you will need to clear the defrost drain. Here are the steps to do so:
- Unplug the refrigerator to avoid any electrical hazards.
- Locate the defrost drain at the back of the freezer compartment. It may be covered with ice or debris, so you may need to remove the freezer drawer and any shelves to access it.
- Clear the drain using a turkey baster or a small funnel to pour hot water down the drain. You can also use a pipe cleaner or a wire to remove any clogs.
- Once the drain is cleared, you can clean the inside of the freezer with a solution of warm water and baking soda to remove any odors.
- Finally, plug the refrigerator back in and allow it to cool down before placing the food back in the freezer.
If you're unsure about performing these steps, or if the issue persists after clearing the drain, it's best to consult a professional appliance repair technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
2/16/2023 10:07:24 AM •
on Feb 16, 2023
I have a Maytag MSD 2352 side by side with a ice bucket problem.
The crack in the sliding track of your Maytag MSD 2352 ice bucket may be a contributing factor to the ice build up and auger freezing issue. The crack could be allowing moisture to enter and freeze, causing the build up. It is recommended to have the crack repaired or the sliding track replaced to help prevent the ice build up and auger freezing. If you are not comfortable with this repair, it is best to contact a professional technician for assistance.
2/1/2023 9:39:46 PM •
on Feb 01, 2023
How do i reset the control panel on a Maytag MFX2876DRM00; it had a blank code number?
The issue with your refrigerator turning off and then coming back on could be due to a problem with the control panel or the main control board. Here are a few steps you can try:
- Check the wiring: If the wiring connecting the control panel and main control board is damaged, it can cause the machine to shut down. Check the wiring and connections for any damage, and repair or replace as necessary.
- Reset the control board: If the main control board is damaged, it can cause the machine to shut down. You can try to reset the control board by unplugging the machine from the electrical outlet for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. If the issue persists, you may need to replace the control board.
- Check the thermostat: The thermostat may be damaged or malfunctioning, causing the refrigerator to turn off and then come back on. You can test the thermostat by checking the resistance with a multimeter. If the resistance is not within the manufacturer's specifications, you may need to replace the thermostat.
If you're not comfortable with the above steps, it's best to contact a qualified repair technician for assistance. Also, be sure to confirm the code needed to program the new control panel before installing it.
2/1/2023 4:56:07 PM •
on Feb 01, 2023
Mss25c4mgz00 no water in icemaker
If your MSS25C4MGZ00 Maytag refrigerator's icemaker is not getting water, here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem:
- Check the water supply: Make sure that the water supply valve to the refrigerator is fully open and not restricted. Also, check that the water supply line is not kinked or frozen.
- Check the water filter: A clogged water filter can restrict the flow of water to the ice maker. Replace the water filter with a new one and check if the icemaker starts working.
- Check the water inlet valve: The water inlet valve controls the flow of water to the ice maker. If the valve is defective, it may not open to allow water to flow to the ice maker. You can check the valve for continuity with a multimeter, if there is no continuity the valve needs to be replaced.
- Check the icemaker control module: The icemaker control module controls the operation of the ice maker. If the module is defective, the icemaker will not function. Check the continuity of the module with a multimeter, if there is no continuity the module needs to be replaced.
- Check the water pressure: Ensure that the water pressure to the refrigerator is between 20-120 psi. If the water pressure is too low, the water valve may not open to allow water to flow to the ice maker.
If you are not comfortable working on your own, it is recommended to contact a qualified technician to diagnose and fix the problem. It is important to note that troubleshooting and repairing a refrigerator can be dangerous, so it's important to follow safety precautions and make sure you are familiar with the appliance before attempting to fix it yourself.
1/22/2023 12:37:15 PM •
on Jan 22, 2023
How do I reset a control panel on Maytag frig model number MFI2569VEB3. Display is flashing PEO OOO
Program code is located on the serial plate
Press and hold the Door Alarm keypad.
Press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down keypad within 3 seconds.
Release the door alarm keypad and wait 3 seconds.
The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.
Press the Freezer Temperature Down once more.
The control will display the current Program Code. This should be the same as the program code on the serial plate. If the code is correct, press the Door Alarm keypad for three seconds to exit.
Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up keypad or Refrigerator Temperature down keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up keypad to select the next digit. Once the correct program has been entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down keypad until the program code begins flashing indicating it’s been saved. Exit the programming mode by pressing any key.
11/2/2022 11:31:16 PM •
on Nov 02, 2022
Dimensions on a Maytag lse7800acw
Thanks for question. I have found your model dimensions
Width: 27 1/2 Inch
Depth: 27 1/2 Inch
Height: 73 Inch
Washer Capacity: 7.2 Cu. Ft.
10/3/2022 5:54:08 PM •
on Oct 03, 2022
Not finding what you are looking for?