20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How to reset drum counter for brother hl4070cdw laser printer
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- Turn the printer power switch back on.
- Press the + or - button to choose "Machine Info".
- Press OK to proceed to the next menu level, and then press the + or - button to choose
"Reset Parts Life".
- Press OK, and then press the + button to choose "Drum Unit".
- Press OK two times.
on Feb 23, 2017
Is there a way to reset counter on my Brother
Actually, there is...here are the steps to reset your toner cartridges.
1. Open the front cover of the printer and leave open during steps.
2. Press and hold the "cancel" button and press the "Reprint" button also.
(You can now release both buttons, as you are now in the reset menu)
3. Now it is just a matter of scrolling through the menu (using the + or - keys) to the appropriate cartridge. Once you're at the cartridge you want to reset, just push, "OK" twice, to reset it.
4. Continue scrolling through and reset any cartridges you want.
please rate me :)
on Oct 08, 2014
How to empty waste toner box in brother 4070 printer
Firstly take out the Drum Carriage. Pull it out as far as it can go then on the left side of the Drum Rail there is a leaver which when turned allows the drum carriage to come out fully. Put the drum carriage down carefully on a flat surface. The rails of the carriage are set lower than the drums so if the surface is flat the drums don't rest on the surface.
Secondly lift out the Transfer Belt (the glossy black plastic thing beneath where the drum carriage is normally) using the handle available. Put this down also on a flat surface carful not to damage the plastic sheet or leaving fingerprints on it.
Thirdly lift out the WT cartridge which sits below where the Transfer Belt sits in the machine. This cartridge is the Waste Toner Box. These are purchased from your brother supplier and are rated to approximately 50,000 pages and are quite cheap to buy. I am guessing you could empty it if you really wanted to but then you have to figure what to do with the waste toner from it. To my knowledge the Landfills look poorly on disposal of waste toner in their landfill.
on Aug 20, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?