Westclox Big Ben Moonbeam Alarm Clock Questions & Answers
Big ben moonbeam alarm not sounding
The later alarm trip assemblies - the one in which the cam on the trip staff is a steel disc with a cutout, and the trip wheel is steel with a stamped out projection - can be troublesome. I had so much trouble with these parts on a 1970 Big Ben leg model reproduction that I replaced them with the old style trip assembly having the brass finger on the trip staff and a brass trip wheel. This solved the problem of the trip staff being carried around with the trip wheel.
I have a Westclox model #15600QA, when set time for alarm is reached, I do not hear alarm and the clock's second hand stops functioning.
It sounds like there may be an issue with the alarm function and/or the clock movement in your Westclox model #15600QA clock. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the battery: Ensure that the battery in the clock is fresh and properly installed. A weak or dead battery can cause the clock to stop functioning or the alarm to not sound.
- Check the volume: Make sure that the volume of the alarm is turned up and not muted. There may be a switch or dial on the back or side of the clock to adjust the volume.
- Check the alarm setting: Ensure that the alarm is set correctly and that the time is set to the correct AM/PM setting. Check that the alarm switch is in the "on" position.
- Check the clock movement: If the clock's second hand stops functioning, this may be a sign that there is an issue with the clock movement. Try resetting the clock and see if the second hand starts moving again. If it does not, there may be a problem with the clock's gears or other internal components.
- Contact Westclox support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be best to contact Westclox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or suggest repair options if the clock is still under warranty.
Note: Before attempting any repairs or opening the clock, make sure to read the instructions and take proper safety precautions. If you are unsure of how to proceed or do not feel comfortable making repairs yourself, it is best to seek the help of a professional clock repair service.
Does westclox model 70028 time resets when unplugged
I doubt it though you can download a user manual and check in there.
There is a facility for a backup battery but the purpose of that is to keep the clock ticking over in the background in the case of a power cut. I doubt the backup battery would be enough to power any more than essential circuitry.
Westclox battery operated chimes don't work
install new batteries correctly in the unit
If the chi,es still do not work on the hour, consider this --a new clock movement with chimes in the circuit costs around the $100.00 mark
Check that the contacts have enough pressure on the battery terminals first
Need operating instructions for alarm clock 70012
Unfortunately, there is no downloadable manual or instructions available for this clock version at present.
This (Westclox) clock is manufactured by NYL Holdings. I would suggest that you contact them directly and ask them to forward the relevant information to you.
Phone: (516) 256-3240
Email: [email protected]
NYL Holdings LLC are based at 99 West Hawthorne Ave. Suite 514, Valley Stream, NY 11580
Hope this helps. Thanks for using fixYa.
Not finding what you are looking for?