20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Garmin gps won't charge while driving
If the Nuvi won't charge when connected to charge but charges on USB, then the charger port is faulty.
If the Nuvin does not charge at all , then the battery must be replaced.
we have a Garmin
Free Garmin Map updates can be downloaded within 90 days of purchase or are free for a life time when it's purchased with lifetime map updates.
Software updates are always free.
Maps / software can be updated online by registering your Garmin at MyGarmin.com using the serial number and your name. On this website you'll be guided through the steps to download / install the required web browser plugin to communicate with your Garmin Nuvi.
When connected over the USB cable - MyGarmin.com shows compatible map or software updates. These will be free in the conditions mentioned above.
Note that updating a map online requires a 3Gb download. This can take a very long time and requires a stable internet connection. Also your Mac need to have at least 5 Gb of free space to install the Map.
A Nuvi software update is much smaller and takes less time to complete.
Garmin nuvi 350, touch screen isn't working. Was
From the Garmin troubleshooting page:
You cannot control the device using the touch screen.
It may seem mundane, but dust dirt and other particulates can greatly reduce the function of the touch screen, follow these simple steps to clean your screen:
If your device has a screen protector, remove it.
Spray a bit of water or formulated spray onto a microfiber cloth.
Using a dry microfiber cloth, immediately dry the surface.
Replace the screen protector with a new one if desired.
Resetting the Device Without the Screen
Follow the steps in the Factory reset subsection to reset your device without use of the touch screen."
Or, if the screen is broken, you can order a replacement screen. There are guides online for replacing them.
*In the meantime, if you have a smartphone, there are many apps that you can use as a GPS / mapping tool.
I formatted garmin nuvi 205
You have not only erased all of your maps but you have also erased all of the internal software that was a part of your Garmin. I do not recall seeing anything on the web site that resolves your issue. If you can get a hold of another 205 perhaps you can make an image file of its software and then transfer that over to yours.
No Map Data Available on Garmin nuvi350
I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
How do I Update the maps
To update your maps, you plug connect the map to a connected computer or laptop, then you back up you maps and then you go to garmins website then select the maps, a list will come out, then you select update maps, a page will come up then you select check for updates, after clicking on that a page will load up and you will select the type of garmin you have, then it will load up the available maps, then you select the updates you want and the maps will be updated. Be sure to install the drivers on your computer before checking it.
Once you already have the driver on your computer, the moment you connect your GPS to the system, the new updates will come up then you install them and transfer to your GPS.
When I try to spell
After powering up the unit and selecting address, the unit displays, "In What State is the Address? and Spell State. When I press Spell State, it has No Matches Found. When I press Back and attempt to enter the first letter of any state, the unit displays "No Matches Found".
Take a look at what map is on your unit. Press the wrench/tools icon on the main menu, then the map icon, then the map info button. Most likely, you do not have all of the states in the map and probably a limited region like lower 49 states, southwest or lower 49 states, northwest, etc. You will need to download the full US map. However be aware a full map may not fit on your unit and may have to put the map on an external SD card.
Not finding what you are looking for?