20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Canon 40d got wet
Put the camera in a bag of rice to dry it out, rice will absorb any remaining liquid, after 3-4 days remove it and see if it works, if no joy, then a new camera is in your future.
EOS400D digital, I cant see the subject through the lens, I have taken the lens cover off
There are two things that I can think of which will prevent you from sighting through the view finder.
1. When your camera is switched on for live-view shooting mode or vice versa. That is, you can only see the subject in the LCD screen or through the view finder one at a time.
2. If you are using the LCD screen to frame your subject and you encounter this problem, it is most likely caused by the settings of the camera. Try increasing the ISO to around 400 or above, reduce the shutter speed to anything below 1/20 and the aperture to around F:5.6 or less (that depends on your lens.
Hope you resolve the problem by now but if you haven't try those tips.
What is the best emote control for acanon eos 40d camera?
Hi John, you are asking for opinions on the best remote control and I believe you would be better off if you do a search on the reviews of remote controls for canon cameras. There are heaps of websites you can obtain such info. in details rather than you pose your question here.
Canon 400D I have an error code Err01
I had the Error 01 message on my 400D
I changed the support battery ( CR 2016 3 V) which is placed inside the main battery compartment.
This did the trick.
Canon 40D unable to transfer files to my computer
ALTERNATE WAY TO TRANSFER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TO A COMPUTER If your photos and videos are stored on the memory card, then remove the memory card from the camera and insert it into an USB memory card reader. Connect this USB memory card reader and memory card into the USB port of your working computer. Your computer will see this as an USB Mass Storage Device or an external storage device; you can then open the folder on the memory card and copy the photos and to your computer. Memory card reader is a handy device and is inexpensive. You can copy photos from other cameras and you can also download photos off your memory card to someone else's computer without the need of installing any programs.
Canon eos 400d error 99,
1.Remove the battery, lens and CF card. Allow the camera to sit without power for 20 minutes and then reinsert a fully charged battery.
2.Turn the camera on and push the shutter button as if you were taking a picture.
3. If you don't get the error message reattach the lens and insert the CF card.
4. Check the below canon eos 400d service manual link:
it will help you to save a lot of money
Hope it helps, Thanks
Error 01 in canon eos 5d
Err 01: Lens to body communication error
1.The camera to lens communication is somehow being interfered with could be a problem within the lens itself, possibly the camera body, or something as simple as a smudged fingerprint on the lens mount contacts,
2. Check the lens and the contacts
3. Also check below link if you need a canon eos 5d service manual
FORGOT PASSWORD IN RESTRICTED MODE CANON 40D
Try doing a "hard reset" to clear all the camera settings to factory specs:
- To reset the camera, remove main battery and back-up battery (Backup battery compartment says CR2016 3V on the wall of the compartment is a little tray that slides out)
- Turn the camera off/on switch to ON
- Wait 10 sec turn OFF
- Replace batteries.
Canon 40d camera will only shoot in manual mode
Using your fingernail, push in the lens contact pins in the bottom of the mirror box several times. Sometimes they get tarnished and make poor contact with the flexible circuit under them. Doing this scrapes off the tarnish.
Screws come loose from the bottom circuit board and short it out. It contains the flash circuit so a short can throw 300 plus volts into a 6 volt circuit, damaging components. The lens contacts flex attaches to this circuit board. This is a common problem.
Impact can cause flexible circuits to either come loose from their connectors or have one side pull out so some of the lands on the flex don't make contact. Did you drop the camera?
Internal Temperature too high to shoot.
This is obviously a problem with the internal parts of the camera. There are too many things it could be to give a definitive answer, and it would be too complicated for an amateur. If you take it into a local camera shop they should be able to run diagnostics on it and replace the problem.
Best of luck to you.
Not finding what you are looking for?