20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I want ot disable DHCP on apple extreme router.
1) Open Airport Utility (Applications/Utilities).
2) Select the Airport Extreme in the left hand panel and press Manual Setup
3) Choose Internet in the top menu bar
4) Change Connection Sharing to 'Off' (Bridge Mode.
Press update to restart the Airport and save the settings.
The router is blinking a yellow light
Here are some of the more common reasons that the status light may blink amber:
- The Wi-Fi base station has not yet been configured because it is new.
- The Wi-Fi base station has been reset.
- A new firmware update is available for the Wi-Fi base station.
- No IP address is available for the Wi-Fi base station.
- A Wi-Fi base station in Extended Mode is out-of-network Wi-Fi range of a primary Wi-Fi base station.
- The WAN Ethernet cable is unplugged from the Wi-Fi base station.
- The Wi-Fi base station lacks a path to the Internet (or local router).
- Internet access may be temporarily unavailable from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Your AirPort Time Capsule has detected that the internal hard drive has reported a SMART error, and is failing (This requires firmware 7.5.2, and AirPort Utility 5.5.2).
Connected Airport Extreme wireless router
You may contact Windows Customer Service for any kind of help you require. You can also call on Microsoft Windows technical support phone number at +1-800-204-4427 and for UK customers the Toll free Number +44-800-046-5216 we are also provide technical support in AUS Toll free number is +61-1800-954-262.
Printer not working from new router
First, I would suspect your PC has the printer installed using the IP address of the printer. I would uninstall the printer, then go to "add printer" then "add network printer" and see if this works. If not: HP has a neat setup available for their printers. Go to their website and look for network printer setup. This will install on your computer, and go through your network and find your printer.
Get 5Ghz on laptop.
Find and check a wireless network label or sticker on your laptop. The Wi-Fi standard is written there. It indicates which capability your wireless card has.
- 802.11b/g/n (or "bgn") --> your card supports 2.4 GHz band only. There is no way to activate 5 GHz without you buy new "Wi-Fi stick" having 5 GHz support.
- 802.11a/b/g/n (or "abgn" or "abg") or 802.11ac --> your card is 5 GHz capable. Only laptop card setting change should be needed to enable 5 GHz radio.
The "a" means the 5 GHz.
For wireless standard logo types see a picture on this link:
Wireless Ethernet 820 11a To 820 11g Network Basics Networking Basics LAN...
Use any dual-band cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6...) and free WiFi Analyzer Android application to check your router is transmitting 5 GHz too (channels 34 and higher).
Default network security key for apple airport
The Network Security Key is possibly the same pw as the network you are attaching to. This device can be configured in so many different ways.
If you can't figure it out then use the reset button on the back or use paper clip in reset hole.
To set up and configure your AirPort Extreme to use AirPort for wireless networking and Internet access, use the setup assistant in AirPort Utility.
The manual may be of some help... Available here
I have a netgear wdn3700
use your airport utility, it will guide you thour the setuo, remember, gate way or bridge. you need both, but you need to choice witch one.
Will not reset
make sure power is on, get a sharp instument, pen, pencel, what ever fits, push in for 30 sec, see the light change, and your good to go.
IP address invalid
just power off, someone or thing, device is taking that ip in use, raise your ip range.
Not finding what you are looking for?