My GE Adora dishwasher is not cleaning well and
Mine has been doing the same thing for about 2 months now.. I tried Finnish brand diswasher cleaner, but to no avail. Try this:
1) Empty your dishwasher, then take out the lower rack.
2) Start a regular cycle. Wait until you hear the jets turning, then open the door. Make sure there is enough water in the bottom - It should be just UNDER the heating element.
3) If your dishwasher is getting enough water, Reset your washer and allow it to drain.
4) Go to the store and get a gallon jug of white vinegar. Start your dishwasher on a regular cycle.
5) Once you hear the jets turning, Open the door and add FOUR CUPS (liquid measure) of white vinegar to the water in the bottom. Let the wash cycle complete.
6) When the wash cycle drains, the rinse cycle will fill. Once the rinse cycle starts, add ANOTHER FOUR CUPS of white vinegar to the first rinse cycle.
7) Allow the first rinse cycle to drain. Let the second rinse cycle complete normally.
I know this sounds too good to be true, but it REALLY DID work for me, this evening as a matter of fact! I also bought some hard water/soap film detergent additive from the store. It was kind of expensive, but I'm using it for a while just in case.
I hope this helps. Like I said, I couldnt believe it when my dishes came out clear again! Also, I turned OFF the heated dry cycle, and just opened the door and pulled out the racks when it was done.
on May 10, 2010