20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
When I switch on mygaggia classic expresso machine it will not switch on
The thermal fuse in the Gaggia Classic is likely tripped and it is not re-settable. The fuse has the following stamped on it: MICROTEMPSKMAHDG4A00184C I believe that is what is the culprit for all of us when the "power doesn't come on." Now, what is the rating of this fuse and where to get a replacement? The fuse is the small resistor-like, diode-like part in a clear tube mounted against the boiler, and it must be physically cut out of the line to replace it!
on Jul 16, 2018
Shower holding plate stuck
If the shower holder is stuck, it it probably stuck with lime or coffee oils. You could try backflushing with a little descaler if the gasket is still in place. That will dislodge some of the lime and then can be pried off with a flat screw driver. In case you damage/ break it - you can get one here. Gaggia classic portafilter
on Sep 12, 2017
Water leak inside of unit around pump head
1. Disconnect electrical supply.
2. Remove top cover.
3. Remove pipe from elbow on top of pump body by unscrewing knurled collar.
4. Then, unscrew elbow from pump body.
5. Wrap threads of elbow with a few layers of plumbers PTFE tape.
6. Then carefully screw elbow back in to pump body (this can be a little tricky - be gentle and take your time - this worked fine on my Gaggia Classic).
7. Then re-attach pipe with collar. NOTE: The top of the pump body can be rotated by gently twisting - to get the pipe at the correct angle to the boiler and allow the pump to sit vertically on its bracket.
8. That's it! Check your machine is dry and clean, re-assemble, plug it in, prime the pump (it's in the manual) and pull a shot!
on Dec 30, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?