20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Changing region code
you can change the region code with updates but its risky cos once you upload the update for the region code it may not let you play the other region coded games
11/4/2021 1:54:15 AM •
on Nov 04, 2021
My ps3 won't play DVDs in Brazil it says the DVD
DVDs have reigon codes. A PS3 sold in the US will only play DVDs and Blu-Rays that have a region code of 1. DVDs sold in Brazil have the region code of 4, so they will not work.
1/31/2021 1:11:23 PM •
on Jan 31, 2021
Different Audio output between DVD and Blu-Ray DVD
The issue is that not all videos use DTS. Look at the videos that you are trying to play do they support DTS if so make sure that you are selecting the DTS track in the audio setup.
In regards to your receiver if it does not support Dolby Digital then you might want to look at upgrading to a receiver that supports Dolby Digital and DTS if you want true surround on all your videos.
Let me know if you have any more problems or questions
2/21/2020 7:24:30 AM •
on Feb 21, 2020
Can't find an IP Adrress
my friend thin may due to your new ip address.just repair it and try u can then connect.
3/11/2019 7:19:24 AM •
on Mar 11, 2019
Gran turismo 6 switching off ps3
This seems to be a problem with GT6 that many people have experienced. Maybe stick to 5 or find a way to play Forza.
1/17/2019 2:08:27 PM •
on Jan 17, 2019
My ps3 60gb doesn't read blu-rays
It is either firmware or lens problem. In either case the PS will be replaced or repaired for free by Sony, this is considered factory defect.
Contact Sony at the number listed on the PS manual, or see PS3™ | Support online.
About the lens problem, a BRD device with lens issue may be able to read DVD and CD but not BRD.
6/4/2018 7:12:39 AM •
on Jun 04, 2018
60 gb ps3 motherboard
when you reflow the chip do you put the copper plate in after as if you have to keep reflowing the chip sounds like you have not fitted it. its a copper square plate. heatsink paste on both sides and screw down after resinked.
2/5/2018 1:23:43 AM •
on Feb 05, 2018
My PS3 will not play sounds on games.
1. In the PS3's XMB, go to the left and select Settings.
2. In Settings, go into SoundSettings.
3. Select Audio Output Settings, and select the type of cable you use.
4. The next page will give you an option for Automatic or Manual. Select Manual.
5. The next page will give you a list of all the audio settings the PS3 can output. Unselect every option except the ones grayed out, which are required.
6. The next page will ask you to confirm the selections, say yes.
7. (OPTIONAL) For those using HDMI cables, now that we have set them to default settings, we can actually start the process over again, but instead of selecting Manual we will select Automatic. This will force the PS3 to scan the devices again and set up the correct list of output modes.
1/6/2018 3:40:52 PM •
on Jan 06, 2018
Sometimes when I'm playing movies (blu-ray), my
try with another HDMI cable.
also, is your ps3 connected to the net? some newer bluray support functions that are not available on the player and they need an update.
given how old the ps3 is, it may not fully support playback.
11/14/2017 9:38:03 PM •
on Nov 14, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?