Hi jai mosl,
You may want to consider performing a Repair in order to return your player to factory settings, improve functionality, and update the firmware. Afterwards, be sure to charge for several hours and practice a regular charging routine.
IMPORTANT: Please back up data in the player before performing a repair.
- When your player is locked up or seems dead, you may connect to your PC to repair the device with the Device Manager.
- Launch Philips Device Manager at Start > Programs > Philips Digital Audio Player > SA2xxx > Philips SA2xxx Device Manager on your PC.
- Connect your player to the PC.
- Device Manager should acknowledge your player and automatically go into recovery mode.
- Follow the instructions given by Device Manager to proceed.
- After the player has been repaired, click OK and disconnect your PC.
- The player is ready for use again after restart.
If you are still experiencing issues, you can find FAQ's, software, and manuals at:
Consumer Care can be reached at 1-888-744-5477 if you need additional assistance.
Hope this helps! Let me know by rating this solution. Thank you.