20 Most Recent
- Page 2 Questions & Answers
Er FF ON THE BORD
FF usually means the freezer fan is not working. If the fridge is cooling poorly, check to see if the fan inside is running while the compressor is running. If not, and if there's no ice jamming it, then you need a new evaporator fan. If the fridge is cooling normally and the only symptom is the error code, then it could be a problem in the electronic control.
on Dec 24, 2016
Error message 1F on refrig
I have the same model and had the same problem after 3 years of use. I checked this and other sites and here's how I fixed it -- easy, peasy.
1. Turn off the power to the refrig. I have a ckt breaker for the refrig so I didn't have to pull it out of its alcove.
2. Open the bottom freezer section, pull up on the front of the middle drawer and pull it out. If you look to the back inside wall of the freezer you'll see 3 vents.
3. Make a platform that will support a common hair dryer to bring it up to the level of the central vent. I used a couple of packs of napkins topped with a towel.
4. Turn on the hair dryer. I left it on for about an hour and heard two chunks of ice fall free at about the 15 and 30 minute points.
5. Remove the hair dryer and platform, put the middle drawer back in the opposite of how you removed it, and close the freezer section.
6. Turn the power back on.
7. Put a towel on the floor to catch the water from the melting ice chunks.
It's been 24 hours and the error has not reappeared.
If this doesn't work, then other comments suggest that it may be the related circuit panel and you'll need to call in for repairs.
I hope that this helps.
on Jun 02, 2016
Ice maker not working
That is difficult to answer because I do not have all the info. Start by cleaning the condenser. If it was clean be sure you have water to the icemaker if so check the freezer temperature. If they are above about ten it is to warm. Check settings. Be sure if the freezer has a fan it is ok. If the coils are full of ice check the defrost system. This should get you started.
on May 30, 2016
Error message on fridge "er ff"
Error code Er FF indicates that the evaporator fan has failed, or at least is not sending a signal to the electronic controls. Open the door and see if the evaporator fan is running inside the freezer compartment. If that fan stops, then no cold air will be sent to the refrigerator compartment and it will warm up. Possible causes include bad motor, bad connection, bad electronics.
on Nov 22, 2015
Refrigerator is not cold enough
Check thermostat setting. If that does not do the trick check to see that your auto defroster is working properly - if ice is forming on rear panel of freezer that is definitely the problem and the defrost heater element is burnt out and needs replacement. How are your door gaskets - tight? Evaporator fan working?
on Sep 25, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?