20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My in-laws have vonage telephone
With choppy audio and one-way audio, either party on the call hears the audio breaking up, or no audio at all. Dropped audio is when a call is in session and both parties are unable to hear each other.
Wireless Routers and Cordless phones
- From your Vonage account, there is a feature called the bandwidth saver. This feature controls the amount of bandwidth used for a phone call. Try adjusting the bandwidth saver to either medium or normal. After you adjust your settings, test and see if there is a difference in the audio quality. Please note that when you change bandwidth saver it could take a few minutes for the device to reboot and take the changes. From your Vonage account, there is a feature called the bandwidth saver. This feature controls the amount of bandwidth used for a phone call. Try adjusting the bandwidth saver to either medium or normal. After you adjust your settings, test and see if there is a difference in the audio quality. Please note that when you change bandwidth saver it could take a few minutes for the device to reboot and take the changes. -->
- Reboot all of your devices (Vonage device, any routers and cable / DSL modems). How Do I Restart My Phone Adapter and Network Devices?
- Ensure that your Vonage device is at least four feet away from any other device.
- Ensure your Vonage device is in a well ventilated area to keep from overheating.
- Ensure no file sharing, P2P applications, or large downloads are running while you are using the phone. These activities can use up most of your bandwidth, leaving little left for your calls.
- Connect your Vonage device directly to your cable / DSL modem, if it is not already. If this helps the audio quality, then the problem is occurring between the Vonage device and modem.
- If your Vonage device connects to another router and not directly to your cable / DSL modem, try disabling any firewalls or SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) on that router. Click here to learn about firewalls and SPI.
- If you wish not to disable your firewall, then you can port forward the Vonage traffic to the adapter. Click here to learn about port forwarding.
— If you have a wireless router and a cordless phone:
- Ensure all wireless devices and cordless phone bases are at least four feet away from each other.
— If you are using home wiring
- Ensure the land line has been disconnected in the Demarc box. Ensure the land line has been disconnected in the Demarc box. -->
- Ensure there are no more than five phones connected through the house wiring. The signal fades as more phones are connected to house wiring.
- Test with one phone directly connected to your Vonage device. If this fixes the issue, there may be a problem with your house wiring.
If you have made it through this checklist and you are still experiencing an audio problem, our first class customer service is available to assist you. Please have handy your account ID, phone number, name of your internet service provider (ISP), and model numbers for your Vonage device and any other devices in your network.
on Jan 17, 2016
The entry of the phone
Is the phone actually connecting to the phone line? You can enter a number and tell it to dial, and the phone will, but if you never got a dialtone the call won't go anywhere. If you press the TALK button, do you hear a dialtone? If not, you'll need to check the base unit connection to the phone line. The cord may have come loose at one of the ends, or some problem has occurred on the phone line. Maybe another phone in the house isn't properly hung up.
If you do get dialtone, make sure you're dialing a complete number. Maybe one of the numbers isn't being entered, and the phone line is waiting for the rest of the numbers. This is actually unlikely, since if you are connected but don't place a call after some time, an error message comes from your service provider.
You can also try re-registering the handset. If it's not communicating properly with the base, this will usually get it going.
Then, if other handsets are working and this one doesn't, it's just an electronic failure of some kind in the handset. If it's still covered by a warranty, let Vtech fix or replace it. Otherwise you'll need to purchase a replacement or see what service options are available.
on Jan 02, 2011
My Vtech 6896 quit ringing
Have you try to reset it? If no, Just try to reset it to factory settings.
Remove the AC Adapter from the AC power (either at the base or at the
wall outlet) and immediately connect it again. Remove battery from the handset and immediately replace it. Place the
handset back into the charger for about 5 seconds. That should reset the phone and put the phone on default and should fix the problem..
on Oct 14, 2010
I have a trio of
the fault shouldn't be from the phone(s) but should be a network problem. What you have to do now is to turn of the phone(s), wait for a while (30mins) and turn it back on again.
Or you could use another line to call the customer service of your network provider, and confirm is they are having a network problem or not.
I'm sure the fault is not from the phone, according to your explanation.
Do as I have directed you and let me know what happens next.
on Apr 21, 2010
One of the handsets is flashing
Find handset works by causing the handset, or handsets to beep when you push the button on the base unit, and until you find the handset and push the off button. If the handsets do not beep the batteries are probably dead.
We have a handset that flashes "Charging", and later, "Connecting", but it never connects. When the handset is removed from the charger the handset shows "Place in charger". By process of elimination I have determined that the handset has a problem. The problem is NOT with the battery OR charger. I hope this info helps you.
on Dec 31, 2009
Just bought CD445 cordless phone
The message indicator is the phone alerting you that you have missed calls. Press the CID button (the up arrow) then menu. You are now in the call list. Scroll through it (using up & down arrows) making sure to view all calls with the word NEW next to them. Alternatively, you can press menu while in the call list and then choose delete all this will erase the entire list.
The light also blinks to indicate voice mail. Many phone providers offer this service for free and you should contact them to ask if you have it / how to check it.
on Apr 29, 2009
Vtech M6896 phones do not work
Step 1: Press and hold FIND HANDSET on the main telephone base for 10 seconds.
Step 2: When the IN USE light starts to flash, release the FIND HANDSET button.
Step 3: Press and release FIND HANDSET again. The IN USE light will turn off and in a few seconds, all handsets will be de-registered.
Step 4: All handsets will show NOT REGISTERED.
To register a handset (register 1 handset at a time):
Step 1: Place the handset in the base unit or a charger that is connected to a power outlet. If PRESS FIND HNDST 4 SEC ON BASE does not appear on the screen after a few seconds, lift up handset and place in base or charger again.
Step 2: On the telephone base, press and hold FIND HANDSET for four seconds. Release FIND HANDSET once the IN USE light comes on.
a while the handset will emit a series of tones, the newly registered
handset will be assigned the lowest extension number not previously
assigned to another system handset (1-4) when successfully registered.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 if the handset does not successfully register to
the telephone base within two minutes.
on Jan 18, 2009
Vonage phone servive
usually when u get an error code 003, it means ur internet is out, if u have problems getting online it effects the phone. if u have bad cables or an old modem or like wireless or satelite isp's can cause this issue as well, try power cycling the whole network modem-vonage device. al
on Dec 03, 2008
Connecting vonage vt2442
hi not sure if this problem is still there, with that device u may have to try a mac clone. have everything set up properly, and on the computer connected to the vonage go to the cmd prompt, enter 'getmac' and it will give u a mac address or try ipconfig/all and write down the mac address fro example it will say 00:12:3e:8d:ca:01 so write that down, then open an internet explorer page and empty everything from the address bar and type in 192.168.15.1, then a screen will pop up asking for a username and password., this is the settings interface page. router is both. then go to advanced set up, then ethernet options then u will see something about a mac clone. selct that the enter in the mac id u wrote down earlier than apply, now restart the whole system modem and vonage, then turn modem first wait for lights than vonage and wait for vonages power lights be solid green. then it should work.
it may not work in broadband is inactive or not enough speed to work sufficently. try that first :)
on Nov 20, 2008
Philips CD455 Cordless Phone trio set
You can get a PDF of the manual online.
Go to www.philips.com/support, enter your model number, select the right one from the list.
A page comes up with info about your model. Choose User Manuals.
I copied this link, but I don't know if it will work: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=US&slg=AEN&cat=CORDLESS_PHONES_CA&sct=DIGITAL_CORDLESS_PHONES_SU&grp=PHONES_GR&session=20080119144138_188.8.131.52&ctn=CD4453S/05&mid=Link_UserManuals&hlt=Link_UserManuals
on Jan 19, 2008
Not finding what you are looking for?