20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My MH1150XMS-4 just stopped working suddenly.
The main fuse or the thermal cutout is probably blown. If the main fuse is blown, most likely the high voltage capacitor is shorted and must be replaced. If this is the case, it's a good idea to also replace the high voltage diode because it took a large over-current hit before the fuse blew. Be sure the oven is unplugged before measuring the resistance of the fuse or capacitor (the diode should read open in both directions because the forward voltage is more than a typical ohmmeter can put out). (Note: replacing the fuse without identifying and fixing the short or overload will simply waste the new fuse. It's not like the old farmhouse with one fuse for a dozen outlets going out because one item too many was plugged in.) The capacitor is available on Amazon for less than $17 (be sure the voltage and uF values match the one in your oven), the diode is about half of that, and the fuse should be under $3.
If the thermal cutout is blown, check the magnetron cooling provisions - make sure the fan turns freely, the blades are clean, and all vents are clean. After replacing the thermal cutout, verify that magnetron cooling fan runs at speed when the oven is running. Keep your hands and tools out of the oven if you are testing it with the cover off. The high voltage side can be energized by as much as 1800 Volts. An arc from this can cause serious damage or personal injury.
Amazon com 0CZZW1H004S Kenmore Microwave Capacitor Drawing Hi Home...
10/18/2017 5:05:06 AM •
on Oct 18, 2017
How to get out of demo mode?
TheDemoMode isidealforlearninghowtousethemicrowave oven.Whenset,functionscanbeenteredwithoutactuallyturning onthemagnetron. Themicrowaveovenlightwillcomeon,the fanwillrunand, ifon,theturntable willrotate. ToTurnOn/Off:ThemicrowaveovenandTimermustbeoff. TouchandholdTIMERSET.OFF for5secondsuntil2tones soundand"d"appears onthedisplay.Repeat toturnoffand remove "d"fromthedisplay
2/3/2016 4:03:13 AM •
on Feb 03, 2016
How to replace the door handle on a whirlpool MH2155XPQ micro wave
The screws that hold on the handle are inside the door assembly. Here is the way its done but its not for the average person. On the inside of the door is a plastic frame all the way around the door. It is held in place by plastic tabs. You have to gently pry off that frame with something like a putty knife or small screw driver. If you are not careful you end up breaking off some of the tabs. Once that frame is off you should have access to the 2 screws holding on the handle. Remove screws---replace handle---and push plastic frame back on.
6/27/2015 1:46:10 AM •
on Jun 27, 2015
How do I access the fuses
You may have a bad fuse. It should be located behind the control panel. The fuse will look like the old auto glass fuses about 1/4 diameter and 1 1/4 inch long but made out of a ceramic material you can't see through. Color could be white--brown or a gray color. Amp size will be stamped on the end usually 15 or 20 amps. Should be a few screws around control panel to get it loose.
5/12/2015 7:07:47 PM •
on May 12, 2015
Mh1150xmt-0 whirlpool f6 error code
I had this same error. It appeared to be a stuck relay. With the door open, unplug the microwave. Then whack on either side of the keypad a couple times. This fixed mine.
12/16/2014 8:39:21 PM •
on Dec 16, 2014
Whirlpool microwave model mh1150xmb
please test this steps and fix it. God bless you
- Light bulbIf your
microwave light bulb is not working, perhaps it has blown. The first
step is to replace the bulb and power on the microwave. If this does not
correct the issue, the next step is to check the socket and wiring to
verify if that is the problem.
- Light bulb socket & main control boardIf
your microwave light bulb is not working after the installation of a
new bulb, check the light socket as well as the wiring to ensure they
are properly operating. If these sources are functioning properly, the
next step is to check for a faulty control board as a possible root
cause to your microwave light bulb malfunction.
11/19/2013 10:31:37 AM •
on Nov 19, 2013
It blows fuse
Possible there is a short within the circuit.Please check the following for shorting.1. Magnetron2. High voltage Capacitor to the magnetron3. Transformer4. Surge filter5. Electronic panel board.Get tips from this link. Microwave
1/10/2013 11:59:52 AM •
on Jan 10, 2013
Not finding what you are looking for?