20 Most Recent
- Page 5 Questions & Answers
Large Hobart mixer, leaking oil?
* Model? Check side plate or post picture so I can check.
* Usually leaks are at the bearing seal(s). Replace.
* Frequent seal changes (less than 1-3 months). Replace bearings and seals.
* Check shaft near bearing seals for pitting (rust) that will damage seal. Remove and have a machine shop refurbish part. If possible; replace whole part and bearings. (or rebuild gear box.)
* Call your Hobart service rep for a quote.
* Check and replace lost oil as needed until machine is rejected (inspector, quality control, maintenance, etc.) Be careful oil does not get into food product.
Hobart A200 Mixer - what exactly should the grease look like?
The grease is a toffee colour when new. It shouldn't fill the cavity completely. The older a200 mixers are usually very reliable, they need the fiber gear replacing every now and then, other than that it will run on. I've seen some out there that are almost 50 years old and going strong
How to remove hobart dough hook
The reverse of how you put it in. Look at the other attachments and is should be pretty obvious. Sounds like it might be a bit gummed up, do be frightened to be a lottlemheavy handed with it
I have a Hobart kitchen aid mixer and I need a Manuel for it.
Hello, Fran -
The Whirlpool Corporation purchased the Hobart Kitchen Aid manufacturing unit in 1985.
I suggest you contact the Whirlpool Corp. directly and ask about the availability of a copy of a user manual for your model of Hobart mixers. Whirlpool probably took over the Hobart Kitchen Aid archival records. With luck the manual you need is still in the company archives.
This is the link to the Whirlpool Corp. Contact Us page:
Not finding what you are looking for?