20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
On a three phase mixer do i switch the wires that
If the plug on the cord is a molded plug and can not be taken apart you will need to change it at the motor. If you change it at the electrical box it could affect other equipment rotation on this same line.
How do I change the
Remove the silver band, Remove the top cover. Remove the transmission cover. Clean out the transmission, remove all grease and oil. Replace with Chevron FM ALC EP-2 grease. This grease is an edible food grade..
Remove the planetary gear, clean and re-grease.
The gear case is packed with semi-solid food grade lubricant. DO NOT add any type of liquid oil.
With the top open, just soak up the oil with paper towels and replace the grease with new. Use a spoon or something to scoop out some grease and wipe it in to the gears.
Click this link below for more details and disassembly diagram:---
This will help.Thanks.Helpmech.
I have a: H-600T. Serial
It's either 1 or 3 phase. Check the data plate. If it has a two pole contactor it is three phase, if it has a three pole contactor then it is three phase.
My d300 hobart mixer is
It uses grease which breaks down over time. The transmission has to opened up and all of the old lube removed and replaced with fresh lube and the bottom seal replaced. Contact your local Hobart office. www.hobartservice.com
to locate your local office.
I need to get the old oil out of my Hobart D300
I understand you are wanting to give you Hobart D300 an Oil change.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Locate the oil plug on the buttom of the head next to the plantary and the bowl slides. It will be a bolt just like on you car.
2. Run you machine for a short time in order to get the oil warm so that it will flow out of the gear box.
3. Remove the bolt so that the oil will come out into a container.
4. Once drained you reinstall the bolt
5. Remove the top of the Head (2 screws)
6. You will locate a plate that has a few bolts holding it on. On that plate there is a little tin cap you can remove it with a little flat screwdriver. Becarfule not to damage it you will have to put it back in the hole after you fill the unit.
7. Install 70oz of 140 weight gear oil. It is also thick you may have to push it in to the unit then run the unit and check the oil sight. Add slowly as you do not want to over fill the unit.
8. Replace the cap. (if damaged you will need to order a 00-064871 from the Hobart Corp. at 1-800-446-2278 or another part company)
9. Replace the top of the Head and you are done.
Turn on the unit and us it as you have before.
If you have any other questions please post to this thread.
Thank you for using FixYa hope this helps.
H600t has a grinding sound
All you can do is take to top off and look inside. Look for damaged gears, shafts that move sideways slightly (or more than slightly) when power is applied, that sort of thing.
Also look for a worn gearshift. Be sure that it engages fully in each gear- observe and see how the mechanism works, there's an overrun clutch with dogs that can drag if the shifter is worn or out of adjustment.
There's not much to go wrong with a Hobart, they seldom fail and are generally easy to repair. Replace the grease while you're in there, if you don't like bearing grease call around and find some food grade grease, a lot of auto parts stores carry it now.
Mixer goes off on overload protection when under a
This means that it is overheating, if there isnt to much mixture in the machine then the problem is in the motor. Depending on age and value of the mixer I would purchace another one as they are cheaper to buy. If it is still under warranty I suggest taking it back to the supplier that you bought it from. I hope thi is helpful.
Not finding what you are looking for?