20 Most Recent RCA HD56W66 56" HDTV Questions & Answers

3 capacitors on your deflection Board its the bottom board on left hand side and over on the right side of your FBT flyback Transfomer is 3 FUSES in a roll small brown rectrangler looking caps but they are fuses it will be the one in the middle.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Dec 09, 2016

RCA HD56W58 Rear Projection TV quit today. Resistor burnt up r14705. Power light goes on and high pitched noise but no picture or sound.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Nov 18, 2014

Hi Sharon, on your remote there's probably all sorts of buttons like menu, guide, blah,blah...you get the picture(no pun intended ha)there is a format button too. Turn your tv on, press format and across the bottom of the screen it will display what "format you are in. Wide screen, crop,etc most of these models will tolerate what's called 1080 pixels. Keep pressing the format key until your desired "format" diplays (please don't be alarmed if your screen flickers a few times it's your computer and tv talking and readjusting the picture for you) You should be able to just exit and you will see all of the picture within the screen. Be well.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Sep 29, 2014

More than likely your projection lamp has failed. This can be replaced at cost but unless you really want to spend money on an old tv it is time to upgrade to a nice flat panel tv.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Aug 06, 2014

Please do us a favor and rate this by cliking the thumps up icon located here >>>>>>

Projection TV sets have two very common problems. One is convergence ( 3D/Warped video) the other is CRT fluid ( Dull Video). Below are more details for both items. Also, complete repair kits with instructions and repair support are avail from site such as www.TvRepairKits.com

Common Problem #1) Convergence has gone out

Projection TV sets need to have all three colors - RED - BLUE - GREEN - lined up correctly on the screen in order for the video to look normal. When its out of alignment the video will look 3D, wavy, distorted, etc. Most of the time you just need to adjust your convergence in the TV menu. If you cannot adjust it in the menu - then your convergence is broken and needs to be repaired.

This is a very common failure on these projection sets and a fairly simple DIY fix. All projection sets including Samsung, RCA, Sony, Philip Magnavox, Panasonic, Pioneer, Akai, GE, JVC, Toshiba, and others at some point will have the same problem.

Common Symptoms include....

  • Screen looks 3D
  • Colors don't line up
  • One or more colors can't be adjusted when using the convergence menu.
  • Screen is bowed or warped.
  • TV shuts off after powering on. Power light will blink. TV may also make a chirping noise.
Here are some pics of convergence problems.


69189a5.pngSOLUTION #1

For more more examples and find a fix using this link on Fixya http://www.fixya.com/support/r2861467-solution_video_looking_whiteish_dull

Common Problem #2) CRT Fluid is Cloudy

Projection TV tubes have a liquid coolant that is used to keep them from overheating. After many years the coolant in the blue and green tubes will become cloudy and cause the screen to look dull, red/orange, etc. You may even see halos around images.

Picture of a set that needs the fluid changed.

TV set after fluid change



You can see some more examples and find a fix using this link on Fixya http://www.fixya.com/support/r2861467-solution_video_looking_whiteish_dull

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Apr 10, 2013

Visit www.TvRepairKits.com. You will find a solution. You must have your model number. You are concerned about a convergence problem. I have repaired a few of these. This website will guide you to a repair. I recommend this to others with the same problem. Thanks for asking, and show me some hands of support!

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Apr 10, 2013

when you plug in does the front led flash.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Nov 10, 2012

set has three picture tubes, suspect issue on red circuit board to the red tube, unless have skill get a tech.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Sep 03, 2012

Contact Andrews Electronics in California to see if available or they know a source---you can also try to GOOGLE the model number with "replacement screen".Andrews is the largest OEM parts dealer in the USA and has both a 800 number and a site online.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on May 18, 2012

if the box and the TV both have audio/video jacks---hook from the outputs on the box and connect to one on the set---leave set on that input and used box to change channels===most cable remotes can be also programmed to shut the tv on/off and control audio.Get around the issue and besides you will get a better picture that way.If you can't figure it out the cable company usually can and will.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Mar 30, 2012

Auto convergence only adjusts so much---you need to see the way for your model to go into tech mode to fine adjust---about 4 versions of your set---Google the model number to see if you can find instructions for advanced adjustments--not easy on this brand.PTS electronics may have the information as they repair and rebuild these boards and I have got that info from them before for free.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Mar 13, 2012

You can get the replacement Green CRT from www.tvrepairworld.com they guarantee the Projection CRTs

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Feb 23, 2012

This is a common problem and is known as a convergenc failure. You can get parts and instructions from sites such as www.TVRepairKits.com

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Nov 06, 2011

HelloThe fault of your tV is with its power supply section. There is a power regulator board inside, which converts the AC power we give to lower DC voltages, which in turn used to supply different sections of other boards. With a dead set, it will be difficult to say which part of it has damaged. You must ahve thorough knoledge in elelctronics, and experience in servicing switching type power supplies [SMPS] boards. In most cases the power supply is replaced with an other one as card basis, becuse, most of the components it it are very difficult to get from open electronic spare part market. You can get this board, from the authorised service center for RCA at your town. If you have enough knowledge and confidence, go forward, and check the power retulator board for faulty components, and replace them if they are available. If not, get this set repaired, either by the authorised service center for RCA at your town, of by any well experienced service technician. OK.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Nov 06, 2011

Thats called the front keyboard its available from www.tvrepairworld.com under RCA circuit boards.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Aug 26, 2011

Thats a common problem and easy repair. You can get the ITC222 and ITC222A convergence option missing repair kit from www.tvrepairworld.com which has the parts and the CD with repair instructions.

RCA HD56W66 56"... • Answered on Aug 18, 2011

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA HD56W66 56" HDTV Logo

Popular Tags

146 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76584 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6259 Answers

Paul Bade

Level 3 Expert

1688 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

RCA Televison & Video

  • RCA Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

39 s tv

  • Televison & Video