20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Slow mac computer
Generally, there are a couple of reasons that may cause a Mac computer running
slow, but generally two factors: hardware part & system part. For
hardware part: I guess it's OK if your Mac is not that old. For system
part: there might be a lot of junk files, caches, registry errors... out
there which largely slow down any Mac machines. about 80% slow Mac
caused by this reason, if so, try cleaning the system. Learn more here:
Will not start up, has a flashing folder with a question mark
This means that your internal hard drive is not currently bootable. That can happen for a variety of reasons, which are:
- The disk has crashed and is no longer usable.
- The Mac OS X System Folder has become damaged due to permission problems, a botched software upgrade, or some other software-caused problem.
- The hard drive controller on your Mac's logicboard has failed.
Without knowing the model of your Mac, I can only guess what is going on here. To know for sure, you need to locate your original Apple software restore CD/DVD -or- a retail Mac OS X install DVD.
Do the following:
- Power on the Mac, insert the bootable CD/DVD.
- Hold down the power button until the mac turns off.
- Hold down the "C" key on the keyboard and press the power button to turn the unit on.
- It will take a while, but your Mac should start booting a copy of Mac OS X off of the CD/DVD.
- Once booted into the Installer, locate the menubar at the top of the screen. Click on the "Apple" icon (top left of screen) and click "About this Mac". Click the "More Info..." button.
- You should now see the Apple System Profiler.
- On the left panel, locate "ATA" or "Serial-ATA". You should have one of them contained within your Mac. When you click on the correct one, you should see the list of hard drive controllers (two), one with your CD/DVD rom listed, and the other with your hard drive listed underneath. If you don't see two controllers, one or both of your hard drive controllers have failed and you need to send the Mac to Apple for hardware repair.
- If you DO see your hard drive listed, then you hardware is at least working. That rules out a failed hard drive controller and mostly likely your hard drive is physically intact. The software on it might still be wrecked, but the hardware appears to work.
- Close "System Profiler" and get back to the MacOS X Installer. Click on the "Tools" or "Utilities" on the top of the menu bar. Locate "Disk Utility" and launch it.
- Within Disk Utility, locate your hard drive on the left side of the screen, click on it once to highlight it and then click the button "Verify Disk". This will do an exhaustive search against your drive to see if there are any problems with the Mac OS X installation. If there is still a copy of Mac OS X left to salvage, this will tell what the problem is.
- If "Verify Disk" finds an instance of Mac OS X with problems, you can try running "Repair Disk" and then "Repair Disk Permissions" to clean up any problems with the copy of Mac OS X. Keep in mind, when you have filesystem problems, sometimes fixing the problems can make permanent changes to your filesystem that have unintended consequences.
At this point, if your hardware is intact and you have a filesystem problem, the safest thing to do is to go find a firewire drive big enough to install a copy of Mac OS X on it (anything larger than 10GB should be fine), install Mac OS X to the firewire drive and then try to mount your internal hard drive while running from Mac OS X on the firewire drive. This assumes that you have files on the internal drive that you don't want to lose. If this is not the case, you can safely reinstall Mac OS X on your internal drive and start over again.
How do i change my Apple ID
According to Apple you couldn't change the ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
for changing Apple Id follow :
- Go to My Apple ID https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on Manage your Apple ID.
- and Sign In
- Select Edit next to Apple ID and change it.
- Enter the email address to use as your Apple ID for verification Mail
- Click Verify Now with given mail.
- and Sign in with your renamed Apple ID. if still need any help then follow Apple ID Support .
My computer keeps telling me that my startup disk
If you have a lot of video podcasts in your iTunes they take a lot of space on your hard drive. delete the one you don't want and make sure the empty the trash can.
Try a piece of software called "Disk Inventory X"
Disk Inventory X is a disk usage utility for Mac OS X 10.3 (and later). It shows the sizes of files and folders in a special graphical way called "treemaps".
If you've ever wondered where all your disk space has gone, Disk Inventory X will help you to answer this question.
How do i turn off the dos mode on my mac
The quickest way to get out of DOS is to hold down the power key until the computer shuts off. Then during restart, hold down the option key until the drives icons appear on screen. Use the arrow keys to select your OS for start up and away you go..
Macbook wont turn on
My computer used to do the same thing, I found out it was my motherboard / logic board and a hardrive combination. end cost $1500..so i bought a new Laptop. Go and get those things tested.
FIFA not working with Vista
download a crack form sites.
go to google
write crack : fifa 09 and press enter it will gave you crack then check for vista version it should help you.
rate it plz
Play movie ???
Can you please explain your problem with some extra words that states your Mac issue.
Apple Care Technical Support
New Apple iPhone 3G Coming This Friday July 11!
Java and Runescape??? HELP!!!!!!!
Usually, before starting up the game, when starting Java, there will be a notification asking if you trust the java applet. You must click Trust for Runescape to work.
Not finding what you are looking for?