20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Lexicon RV-8 wakupe failure
Did you try this....
In the event of a power outage, the RV-8 will display a BROWN
OUT!! PRESS STANDBY message. To turn the unit on, use the
STANDBY button. For more information, see “POWER
MANAGEMENT” on page 3-3....
POWER MANAGEMENT ON, OFF
"Setup" >> "Power Management"
Opens the POWER MANAGEMENT menu, which is used to automatically
put the RV-8 into standby mode during brownouts.
When set to ON, the RV-8 detects low voltage levels or a momentary
loss of power and puts the device in standby mode. In the event of a
power brown out, the RV-8 will display a BROWN OUT!! PRESS
STANDBY message. To turn the unit back on, use the front panel
When set to OFF, the RV-8 will attempt to function during a
momentary power loss, however software settings may become
corrupt and need to be reset.
When the RV-8 is in standby mode, pressing the button turns the
unit on and activates all zones that were active in the previous
The RV-8 does not power on.
1. Make sure the rear-panel power switch is set to the | (“on”)
2. Attempt to power on the RV-8 with the front-panel Standby
button and remote control On button.
3. Examine the power cord to ensure a good connection between
the rear-panel AC input connector and the wall outlet.
4. Check the electrical circuit and breaker.
on Feb 13, 2013
The machine constantly switches off, goes to
I have access to the Lexicon service guys, but will need a bit more info to assist in tracking this down.
1) Have you noticed any pattern to when the unit fails. In other words, does it tend to fail more readily after being on for a while, or is it consistant in behavior regardless of time?
2) Does the volume level of the unit change the total time before failure?
3) If you uinplug the unit for 1/2 and try using it, does the behavior change?
Please update this with the answers and also, if you could post what has already been done by the service center, that would help as well.
At this point, I would be suspicious of hte 5V line and/or the microprocessor internal controls. I'll research this a bit and try to get you more details as well.
on Nov 08, 2009
Amplification does not work
It sounds like a source slecton issue. Try the following and if that does not help I would start with a simple stereo setup and source and work up from there.
The RV-8 is powered on, but there is no audio.
1. Make sure volume level is audible. Volume level can be
increased with the front-panel volume knob or the remote
control VOL and buttons.
2. Make sure audio has not been muted. The message “MUTE
ON” or “FULL MUTE ON” will appear in the on-screen and
front-panel displays when audio has been muted. To deactivate
mute, press the Mute button or adjust the volume level.
3. Check the INPUT SETUP menu DIGITAL IN and ANALOG IN
parameters to ensure the appropriate audio connector is assigned
to the selected input.
4. Make sure the RV-8 is receiving an audio signal. To do this,
follow the instructions that begin on page 2-29 to open the
STATUS menu for the current input source. Hint: (Use the "STAT2" Button on the remote.)
on May 01, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?