20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My pc will only start
How did you possibly remove the bios and cmos? When a computer tries to start like that, often it is the power supply that is faulty. I have changed many power supplies that seem to work OK but when you check them with a tester, one of the voltages is not working - usually the 5 volts. Sometimes the lights on the front of the computer come on, but nothing else happens. Take it to a shop and have them test it, it is a simple plug they put on the wires to see if the power supply is working properly.
Vista microphone not working
1. Click window symbol bottom left of the screen, then click on Control Panel.
2. In control panel click Hardware Sound.
3. Under Sound click Manage Auto Devices.
4. Under Sound click Manage Audio Devices
Computer system clock has to
This is probably because the battery on your motherboard is dead.
You'll have to get a replacement either from some old PC you have lying around (the batteries of all motherboards are the same) or buy one in your local PC store or online.
Open up your PC case and when you look on your motherboard you will see a little round thing containing a battery.
Simply click out the old battery and put in the new one.
Then set your system time again and it shouldn't reset anymore for a very long time.
My laptops mic is not
Go into the device manger and check that the driver for the mic is still there.
If not you will need to download the driver for your model laptop.
Hope this helps.
I plugged in microphone but
Try to uninstall sound driver and reinstall sound driver again.
1. First solution : go to control panel, then system , device manager and select sound audio device , right click and uninstall the driver and restart the computer.
2. Soulution : check in system bios setup is there is any option available for mic enable or disable from there ?
3. update the sound driver.
4. check mic is working in another computer
Hey guys, sorry to be
you might try to mute the mic then unmute it
control panel sounds and audio devices select advanced there might be a tick in the mute box untick or select audio from the microphone drop down list make sure you have the right one selected and in the volume box make sure the microphone box has a tick in it or select the voice tab and make sure that you have the right media selected also select volume make sure the box for microphone has a tick in it
hope this helps
Microphone is not working windows vista
My microphone has always worked on vista for, I use it everyday on skype, but today it will not work, I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me. I thought my headset was broken and i bought a new one. but its still doing the same thing with the new headset. It says the microphone settings are enabled and working, but when i do the mic test, it says that it cannot hear me.
what can i do?? help!
External mic not working, Vista OS
1) unplug your external mic
2) open volume control
3) switch it to recording control (menu options/properties/recording)
4) there are few columns (internal mic, external mic, line in ...) each with checkbox at the bottom and one and only one checkbox is with tick
5) after plug-in you will see mic tick moved from iternal to line-in and this is wrong, you need to have tick on external mic. Tick could be set manually but if ext. mic still doesn't work. So solution is to do plug-in of ext. mic very slowly!! Try that and system will move tick to ext. mic when just half of jack is inside that's it, now you can put your jack fully and it should work correctly ...Try this couple of times if this does works for the first time.
if still the same problem then , try the mic with another PC or try any other spare external mic with your system.,this will help you to confirm the fault.
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively
.thank you for using fixya
run dxdiag.... test you microphone if everything with your mic is ok.. reinstall yahoo messsanger
When I am on Skype my microphone works then
I found this problem on my computer.
I had connected the Logitech into a USB hub then connected the hub to the computer's USB port. Then saved the configuration in Skype didn't work, every time I opened Skype I had to configure the microphone and video setting in Skype again.
The FIX. connected the Logitech direct into the computer's USB port and configured the Skype - Logitech microphone and video save settings. No more problems
I have 1.3MP webcam DC-6120 my computer is
Hello my friend,right click on the volume icon near the clock(tray bar) and click recording devices.If your microphone is plugged in it should be shown in the list.If its actice and is working its should writing under your microphone there that is Working.If its not click on it and set it to default.Then double click on it and make sure that in device usage is "Use this device(Enable)" or choose it.Then click the Levels tab and make sure that is not muted and the bar is full. Then click apply,apply again and OK and your done.:)
Not finding what you are looking for?