hi, in this page show how backup software and very useful for drive replace
The major problems are often drive support and getting the drives formatted for use. It typically can't be done using a Windows PC. Some units will auto format the HDD once it is installed (assuming a recognized and supported HDD is used) and others have data stored on the drive which must be moved to the new drive before it can be used. I've never worked with any Daewoo models and aside from Tivo units try to avoid it as it isn't typically worth the headaches.
- Plug the HDD from the Daewoo in your PC.
- Download this program: https://rapidshare.com/files/2092882716/DMDE.7z2
- Open the program and select the appropriate physical drive from Daewoo (Disk Management)
- Click: Mode> Hexadecimal. Then click Tools> Copy Sectors
Start sector: 0
End sector: 19999
Destination: Click "File"
And save where you can find it! It's probably 10MB.
- Click OK and after done, unplug the HDD
- Plugin you're new HDD and in the program click: Drive> Select Drive (you're new HDD)
- Again Hexadecimal mode! Look all the way down of the list. Find the number of the last block!
- Tools> Fill Sectors:
Start sector: 0
End sector: That you've searched for
THIS MUST BE DONE, OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!!!!
- Now again Tools> Copy Sectors
By source, select file and open the file you've saved in the beginning.
Destination: Start sector: 0
- You're done!!
Plug the new HDD in you're Daewoo product and if followed the steps.
It will give you the Daewoo boot up logo and immediately it will pop-up say: "Formatting Hard Disk"
I have now a 750GB HDD in my Daewoo!!! :D:D
You have now the OS System (.BIN file) of Daewoo on your computer for future reasons.