20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Epson printer xp 305 printer error E-01
This Epson Printer error E-01
occurs in the Epson Service Manual which indicates a type of fatal error. It simply signifies that the printer is incapable to finish the self-test process. When users are trying to power ON the printer it begins to check for all systems. If it is found that it is unable to finish the self test process then, the printer will come up with an error message as mentioned above. Follow these steps to resolve Error E-01.
Steps to Resolve Error E-01:
Step 1: Turn on/off the printer power button
Step 2: Managing the lock of the printer
- Turn the power off. Wait for a while then turn on it again.
Step 3: Managing the CD tray
- Store transportation lock carefully.
Step 4: Checking the printer cartridge
- Press the CD Tray button to retract the tray to its original storage position. Be careful never to push or pull the CD tray into the wrong position. Turn off the Epson Printer and make sure that there is no paper left which may lead to paper jam issue inside the unit.
Step 5: Perform a check-up process.
- If the printer is installed with the CISS then, make sure that its carriage is easily movable towards left and right side.
- The printer's upper scanner part should be closed tightly.
Step 6: Access the cartridge
- Install original Epson ink cartridges and then run the printer.
- Access the cartridge loading area while the printer is in off-mode and then, move the carriage right away from the stop. Carefully disassemble the printer and then, clean all its optical sensors, paper feed sensors, encoder strip as well as disc encoder.
Contact Epson Printer Support Number
if you have any issues in printer.
on Dec 09, 2019
Epson printer says "cannot recognize ink cartridges".
Are you using genuine epson cartridges? Many generics simply dont work on the newer printers. Once the printer decides the cartridge is empty, it sends a signal to the chip and that's it. You might hear ink, but if the chip says empty you can't use it. It also has the annoying habit of doing this when there's still 10-15% of the ink left.
I use reusable cartridges from http://www.ccs-digital.com They hold 2/3 more ink and the chips automatically reset to full if you remove and re-insert the cartridge. Instead of replacing the entire cartridge when it's empty, you pop out an internal ink tank and replace just that. So you know the chip has already been recognized by your printer. The ink tanks cost under $3. I think these are a brilliant invention.
on Feb 28, 2014
How do I print in only black ink?
In Windows there are many different printer drivers out there but the basics for epson printers are when you click on print select your printer then click properties. most epson drivers will not allow you to print on glossy paper in black ink only so the paper options type will need to be matte then you should be able to select black ink only from the print options.
on Dec 10, 2012
Epson Stylus 580rx won't identify vellum paper
Ran into the same problem. The problem is that the printer's paper sensor sees through the vellum and therefore doesn't think any paper moved into the print position. To use vellum, fold up 1/4" edge on a standard peice of print paper and place the leading edge of the vellum under the flap. Place the paper and vellum into the printer and print. The printer will pull in the paper and the vellum together. Make the paper fold tight and straight to prevent jamming. You will need to feed one sheet at a time. Also the Epson inks take a long time to dry on vellum. I let mine dry overnight.
on Sep 02, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?