20 Most Recent Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma Television Questions & Answers

This plasma is only a monitor meaning they do not have a tuner, so it doesn't have a cable hook up. If you want to receive over the air channels, if you live in the USA, you will need a digital converter decoder or if you have cable/satellite suscription you will need a cable/satellite decoder box to receive the channels.
The way to connect any of the mentioned devices to your plasma is to use the yellow, red and white cables to the input of the TV and select input 1 or video 1.
If you live where you can still receive over the air analog channels, a VHS should work.
Let me know if you require further assistance.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Jan 21, 2018

This classic a HV supply problem. The possible culpits are deffective flyback transformer, Hv rectifier or the horizontal output transistor

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Mar 23, 2015

Not an easy one to get info on.
I will need the model number and a breif description of the fault symptoms ,the board may be a universal used in a number of sets but i need to confirm ,when you say the caps are missing what do you mean,a pic of the board would be a big help.....
Thanks Len.....

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Mar 13, 2014

Just check the plugs with a USB cord. HDMI looks like a USB but the top corners are clipped at an angle so the USB male end won't fit.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Jan 25, 2014

Is it on correct sound system?

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Sep 17, 2013

contact means to call or inform a technician or taking your TV to a repair shop to be fixed.
where do you live?

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Aug 01, 2013

you need to consult a local dealership to have it fixed for you,because the problem can have been caused by electrical matters.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Aug 01, 2013

Mine did the same thing, I called Haier and reprted the problem. there is some kind of kit to remedy the problem where 3 boards are replaced. The repair performed by Sears service center was in home and cost me nothing for parts or a sevice call. Sadly now the monitor is working agin but with some interference of some kind. I called Sears service and they are coming back.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Mar 04, 2013

If you have audio, but no video for any inputs it is likely it is the Y SUS board.

You should still open the unit and verify that its either the YSUS, ZSUS, or control board. Check the fuses to see if any are blown. If so, it is likely that board is bad. I don't know why they built the boards to blow before the fuse does.

For my issue, I had same problem but wasnt sure what to buy. I did open it and find 1 blown fuse. I replaced it and it still didn't work(hence a blown board).

While it was open, I noticed its all LG parts inside. So, write down the numbers of the unit and the part numbers off the YSUS, ZSUS, and main logic board.

Since its possible any of the costly parts could be bad, I ended up calling Haier and getting the local support shop to take a look at it. I paid $75 for them to tell me what I already knew. They wanted another 425 to fix the problem and extra $ if they needed to tune it further. They said the part was about 370.

Since there was no guarantee that I would be paying only 500, I figured I could check around to see if I could get a cheaper price. Also a new tv runs about 600-800 with a new warranty. In the end, I ordered the part from shopjimmy.com (one of the leading replacement parts places - they sell new and used parts) for about $175 with shipping. I paid a bit more for a new Y SUS board but it was worth it. It was still cheaper than the factory price of about 275-300. Luckily, I did not have to tune anything.

I'm not affiliated with shopjimmy, but they seem to be really nice(I called twice to ask for information) and have a good return policy. They are also cheaper than the other online parts places. SHOP JIMMY also lists on ebay, so you can find them there too. If you go to their website, you can find your brand and tv model and see what parts they have. They also give part numbers. They DO NOT have CROSS REFERENCE INFORMATION. However, the same part numbers are listed under other TVs and models. Remember LG is the manufacturer and the other companies buy from them. They only change the skin and the look of the tv for their own needs. I'm not sure what you mean by hybrid, but the parts that are interchangeable from model to model are really the same parts with different part numbers.

Another way, to search shopjimmy.com is to use the part numbers you pulled off your tv. This will identify all brands that use that exact part. Again, shopjimmy will not verify the parts will work in your tv. They only tell you to compare your part with the picture they show.

Once you get the part number off your TV, you can also google the part and see what comes back. I read alot about different issues. This is also how I found out that other parts from other brands will work in my tv....but the postings did not guarantee it. Try googling "Haier 42hp25bat parts" and "(the part number) LG parts".

The part I got was for a MAXENT. It was LG but for a MAXENT. I verified the part looked exactly like mine. Remember to look at circuits too. I noticed a few of the same boards had slightly different capacitors AND did not know if they would negatively affect my TV.

My Haier is now working fine. I snoozed on it for 8 months before fixing, but at least its up and running for superbowl weekend!

Bottomline, if you want to take a chance buy the Y SUS. As costly as the parts are, there is no guarantee that only one part is bad.

Also, the repair shop said to get warranty cause they see alot of issues with no name brands and the less expensive units. They said the brands they dont see many issues with are the old school brands, like Sony, Toshiba, etc. I have another TV that I just got a warranty for just before it expired....it was $300, but at least its covered for another 4 years.



Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Aug 12, 2012

You must use a tuner of some sort. A vcr with a tuner will work or a cable box. If you don't ,or will not get a cable box and only want basic cable then you will have to get a vcr with a tuner in it. The cable will go into the vcr CABLE IN then you will use the Video Out jacks to run into your set.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Jan 26, 2012

Let me know which board you need. I may have it. Need a diagram of the boards contact me and I'll forward you a diagram.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Dec 15, 2011

The audio amplifier is situated on a small separate board - easy to find, the speaker connect directly to it. Unfortunately a replacement board will be extremely hard to find - the tv is an old model that was sold in very few numbers.
It will be much easier to replace just the audio amplifier circuit, but that is a job for an very experienced repairman - the pins on the circuit are very fine and closely set together and desoldering them is an complicated job.
It will cost you about $100 to have it fixed - $15 for the replacement circuit and $85 for the one hour labor.

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Sep 03, 2011

Manuals are on their way. Good luck!

Haier 42EP24S 42... | Answered on Aug 22, 2011

Not finding what you are looking for?
Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma Television Logo

209 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Haier Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76407 Answers

Eric Rotmil
Eric Rotmil

Level 3 Expert

587 Answers


Level 3 Expert

778 Answers

Are you a Haier Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Haier Televison & Video

  • Haier Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

picture but no

  • Televison & Video