20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Want to switch h to a push button start ltx1842 lawn tractor. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know how to do it?
A single pole push button would tie the fused battery feed at the ignition switch B terminal (red/white wire) to the ignition switch S terminal (orange wire).
This provides the same function as turning ignition switch to the start position with all safeties remaining functional. For engine run the ignition switch must be in run position. Push and hold push button until engine run. Turn ignition switch to off position to kill engine.
See link below for wiring diagram located in parts section of manual.
Looking for owners manual for
We are the original Landa store in Portland, OR and have every Landa manual available both in digital and hard copies. If you can provide a serial number and email address I would be happy to send one of these out to you right away. You can reach me using the information below.
on Sep 21, 2020
My makita plunge saw is very stiff and does not return to starting position.
This is how to solve the stiff Makita plunge saw easily!!!
I've just carried out the following steps and it's like a new saw.
Clear a table top and grab the following tools:
Philips screw driver
4mm allen key
grease- i used silicone grease
1. Take the base off the saw by removing the 4 x obvious screws.
2. If you look at the saw, you'll see that is pivots on a single pin at the rear. You'll also notice that there is a 4mm allen screw driven into that pin.
3. Remove the 4mm allen screw.
4. Fill the screw hole with grease and drive the 4mm allen screw back in (it'll force grease along the pin internally). Do this 3 or 4 times.
5. Work the mechanism back and forth as if you're plunging the saw- you'll notice that it becomes so much more easy to move.
6. Wipe away the black dirty grease that you have forced out of the pin. Reinsert the 4mm allen screw and tighten
7. refix the base and spring.
8. Job done.
This actually bugged me for ages until i finally decided to have a look and see what the issue was.
on Sep 20, 2020
Miele retractable power cord. How is the spring wound?
Retractable things - hoses and cables and even the mower recoil starter rope are invariably powered by a clockspring.
One end is anchored to the stationary casing and usually the centre is anchored to the rotating part. The spring is pretensioned by an amount sufficient to retract the hose, rope or cable all the way and then pulling out the rope, etc. will further tension the spring. The spring end is usually the part that breaks or the anchor.
The spring should be treated with respect as it is usually a great deal longer than expected and should you dismantle a troublesome unit it is very important to keep a firm hold on it because if they are allowed to unravel it is violent and there is a couple of sharp ends...
When a retractable unit ages it often becomes sluggish and it usually helps to wash and dry the spring and lubricate with a few drops of light machine oil or some graphite dust.
on Sep 19, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?