20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Power button broke gfdn240el1ww
There are two main pieces to the front panel for the GFDN240EL1WW dryer-- the plastic panel and the circuit board. The actual replacement part is: Control Panel WE19M1687. The panel can be purchased for from places like partselect.com or repairclinic.com or Amazon or even EBay, etc. for $100-$200+.
The power button is just a piece of plastic mounted to another piece of plastic; it is not electronic. When pushed, it presses against the circuit board, which then turns the unit on/off. When the power button breaks, it typically means the little plastic button has broken off from the plastic panel. Most likely, the problem is the mount point for the button and the button is actually re-usable.
A cheaper quick-fix is to:
- Remove top screw from back of the front panel
- Remove main front knob from the panel
- Remove screw from behind the front knob
- Grab both sides of the front panel and push/pull up to remove the panel
- Disconnect the block connector (power) from the circuit board after removing the panel
- Locate the power button and mounting position
- Inspect to see if it looks like you can glue the button back into place
- Buy a small tube of loctite Stik'n Seal Ultra Universal Adhesive
- Put some Stik'n Seal on the button mounting point for the power button (be generous)
- Press the button onto the mounting point and hold for a few minutes
- Add more Stik'n Seal around the edges of the mounting point and the button mount after you have held the button in place long enough so that it sticks
- Let the whole thing dry for several hours (instructions on the adhesive say 24hrs
- If you are worried about the button staying seated while the adhesive sets, you can always try tape it into place
- When dry, replace the front panel by reversing the steps above used to remove the panel: connect the power block, slide the panel back into place, replace the front screw and knob, replace the top screw in the back of the panel
Dbvh512gfoww belt replacment
can you be a little more specific? where are you running into trouble? getting it off or getting the new one on etc. etc.?
Ge dryer model dbvh512gfoww not heating can hear
If you are having problems with your gas dryer not heatingthe most common problem is that the ignitor goes bad. Even though it glowssometimes it is still not working properly.
if you dryer is gas check out this gas no heat
If you have an electric dryer, you can have many differentthings that can go wrong causing the dryer not to heat.
check out this electric no heat
Natural gas smell
then checkout the tubing that goes to the burners and pilot flame tubing too,
How do you clear CL error on GE dryer
CL usually indicates that the Child Lock (control panel lock) has been enabled. This is useful when you clean the control panel. It also keeps someone from accidentally starting the dryer with a pet or another child in the dryer.
This is toggled on and off by pressing and holding two buttons. There is usually a line between the buttons with a padlock symbol in the middle or above that line. The phrase Control Lock or To Lock Control will be below the line. The symbol and text will be in a small font.
On some GE dryers, press and hold the Extended Tumble and - buttons for 3+ seconds. The CL indicator should flash while you unlock the control panel and then go off when you've held the buttons for sufficiently long. Note: if you hold the buttons for too long, you will re-enable the lock.
For the GE Profile DPGT650EHWW, press and hold Dry Level and Temp for the 3+ seconds. See page 6 of the Use and Care manual here: https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-7-1-Cu-Ft-King-size-Capacity-High-Efficiency-Electric-Dryer-DPGT650EHWW
I hope this helps. If you need help finding the control panel lock key, please add a comment with the model of your dryer.
4/1/2022 10:01:25 PM •
on Apr 01, 2022
Not finding what you are looking for?