20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Volume not loud enough
Actually there is a way. If you re-encode the file using an mp3 conversion utility, you can adjust the volume there
STMP3500 driver for PhilipsGogear 1 gb
The rechargable battery is dead, and unless you can replace it, you have a useless paperweight. Generally, when the battery is fully discharged it comes up with the missing STM3500 message. When it recharges in the usb port, the message will go away after uninstalling the MP3 player. When it won't recharge, it is gone without a new battery.
My mp3 freeze i cant do any thing
On the left side of the player below the hold button is a hole labeled r
eset. insert an unbent paper clip until the unit shuts down (Blank Screen). Then press the play/pause key until unit lights up.
If this fails, the firmware of your GoGear may be corrupted.
- Make sure that your computer is online and connecting to the Internet. Launch the Firmware Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Firmware Manager on your PC
- Connect your GoGear to the computer while pressing & holding the key until the Firmware Manager recognize the GoGear and a dialogue box pop up in recover mode.
- Click Start to confirm and start recovering the unit to its factory setting
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your GoGear Player will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
- Follow all screen instructions and click Finish at the end to complete the recovery.
- The Firmware manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Close all opened application and then safely remove your GoGear by clicking on the EJECT HARDWARE icon in your task tray bar. When prompted, "The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system", click OK and unplug your micro jukebox.
Display will not light
im pretty sure when it was put away in storage for a few months it probably got dust in it that might have caused the lighting to not work.... i couldnt see why no one could help you in the place where you got from... they could probably take a look at it!!
I formatted my player. Than
This device is only capable of playing MP3 and WMA files. Make sure that the files are in a format that the system can recognize. If that doesn't work, use the software for the device to make sure the firmware is up to date, and not corrupted, and reload the files. Hope this helps!
How to format go gear mp3 player while doing
There is a hard reset button on the Go Gear. It is recessed into the body of the player and if you look along the case usually at the bottom you will see what resembles something a bit larger than a pin hole.
Use a blunt object like a paper clip to access the button deep in the recess and press it once. The Go Gear should reboot itself and this hopefully will resolve the problem.
If not please let me know by adding a comment and I will be pleased to assist.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Not finding what you are looking for?