20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
HP LASERJET 3050 SCANNER: ERROR (not set up on pc).
If your still looking for a solution, or to those of you who have a similar problem, the following fixed my problem after trying to resolve the issue over the last year!!!!
I also received the "not set up on pc" message and tried re-installing the software numerous times.
Finally resorted to re-installing windows XP (because of this and other software glitches) and re-installed the Laserjet 3050 software again...but could not get the printer to install.
The problem was occuring while the software was asking to "plug in the usb cable", but would not complete the installation. It was not recognizing the device....the solution was to reset the laserjet 3050!!!!
to reset, push the "menu" button, < (left arrow), go to "service", "enter" button, > (right arrow), "Restore Defaults", "enter" button.
This should reset the factory defaults.
After this, I re-installed software, working!!!!!
49 error on HP laserjet
HP Printer Error 49 is normally caused by a communications failure between your PC and the printer. If you have an HP printer you may receive the HP Printer Error 49. This is normally effected by a communications breakdown between the printer and the PC, or related file errors.
Check this for Full solution- HP Printer Error 49
PCL XP error
OK fine Hp printer 3050 has some error in Xp you can fix it by downloading the new driver for it . Uninstasll the installed driver and install the new driver it will fix the problem . again the problem presist you have to call the hp for replacement .
No print catridge
The solution above worked on my printer, without power cycling.
1. Remove all paper from the input tray.
2. Open and close the door.
3. Reinsert the paper into the input tray.
Fatal error installing HP 3055 all in one
Try download he right software for your OS from HP.com, typically software issue. Be sure to choose the right language for your full software solution, get fatal error when trying to install software with wrong language support.
Replacing Print Cartridge
Turns out there was an easy solution. I filed a support case and had an answer in half a day:
"Often this issue is caused by a sensor. â Therefore the first thing we should do is try to trigger the sensor.
1 Turn off the HP LaserJet 3050
2 Remove the toner cartridge from the HP LaserJet 3050
3 Remove all of the paper in the paper tray
4 Check the entire paper path for any obstructions
5 Reseat the toner cartridge and paper
6 Power on the HP LaserJet 3050
If the issue is still not resolved we will need to try some resets on the HP LaserJet 3050.
1. The first reset we can try is a soft reset, it is done by pressing the MENU key then holding *# together. â This will bring you into a Developers Menu. â Scroll through the options until you find reinit FFS and then press the ENTER key.
2. If this reset doesn't clear the issue we can try a harder reset. â We can do this by pressing MENU, scrolling over to SERVICE, pressing ENTER, scrolling over to RESTORE DEFAULTS and pressing ENTER to restore the defaults and ENTER to confirm.
WARNING: Restoring the defaults will clear your fax settings, phonebook numbers and headers so you may want to print a phonebook report and Config Report first. â We can do this by accessing the Reports menu.
3. If these two resets do not help there is a third reset we can try.This reset will completely put the HP LaserJet 3050 back to factory defaults.WARNING: Before doing this reset we will need to disconnect the power cord, the phone cable, and the USB cable from the back of the HP LaserJet 3050.We can do this reset by unplugging the power cord from the back of the HP LaserJet 3050 then holding down the MENU/ENTER key and * symbol at the same time,then powering the HP LaserJet 3050 back on with the keys compressed.We will release the keys as soon as PERMANENT STORAGE INIT appears on the display screen."
I tried all the steps in sequence; it took #3 to fix it. Fortunately I didn't have a big fax address book or custom settings, so a factory defaults reset didn't cause any extra problems. It retained the time and date, and now it works fine.
Low memory display on HP Laser Jet 3050
Please perform the following:
Super NVRAM init
When a super NVRAM init is performed, the all-in-one language and telecom country/region settings
are undefined. The user is prompted to set the language and telecom country/region. Until these settings
are defined, the all-in-one will not return to the Ready state.
CAUTION A Super NVRAM init erases all data that is stored in both the unprotected and
protected NVRAM memory.
To perform a super NVRAM init
1. Turn off the all-in-one.
2. Press and hold down the * and 5 buttons.
3. Continue to hold down the buttons while you turn on the all-in-one. Hold the buttons throughout
the entire power-on sequence.
4. When Permanent Storage Init. appears on the control-panel display, release the buttons.
5. When prompted, set the language and telecom country/region.
6. Allow the all-in-one to return to Ready before using it.
My HP Deskjet 3050 J610
Detach the USB cable,un install the drivers,run the CD,connect the cable when connecting dialbox appears,finish it up.. ckeck...
I am getting "Memory is low/ insufficient memory" ...
The internal memory is full try a nvram.
1. Turn the printer off
2. Hold down the right arrow and the cancel button
3. Reboot the printer while holding the buttons and hold until permanent storage is displayed. Let go of the buttons and wait for the ready message on the display.
This reset will clear all of your saved settings and contacts, if networked print out a configuration report after resetting the printer to view the ip address (IPV4). If the IP address has changed you will need to update the print driver's port tab and update the port.
Not finding what you are looking for?