20 Most Recent
Maytag Performa LAT2500A - Page 3 Questions & Answers
Maytag insignia- noisy spin and doesn't pump water out
If your Maytag washing machine is making a loud noise during the spin cycle and is not draining the water, there are a few possible causes. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check the drain hose: Make sure the drain hose is not clogged or kinked. If the hose is clogged or kinked, water may not be able to drain properly.
- Check the pump: The pump is responsible for draining the water from the washing machine. If the pump is not working properly, it may be making a loud noise and not draining the water. You can check the pump by removing the front panel of the washing machine and locating the pump. Check for any visible damage or obstructions.
- Check the belt: The belt is responsible for turning the pump. If the belt is worn or broken, the pump may not be able to drain the water properly. You can check the belt by removing the back panel of the washing machine and inspecting the belt.
- Check the bearings: The bearings are located in the drum of the washing machine and can wear out over time, causing a loud noise during the spin cycle. If the bearings are worn out, they will need to be replaced.
If you are not comfortable troubleshooting the problem yourself, you may want to contact a professional appliance repair service for
I Maytag centennial it finish it cycle but it still sounds like the water is draining
If your Maytag Centennial washing machine is making a sound like it's draining water even though there's no water in the tub, it could be an issue with the drain pump. The drain pump is responsible for removing water from the machine during the spin cycle.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Unplug the washing machine and remove any remaining water from the tub manually.
- Check the drain hose for any kinks or blockages. If you find any, clear them out.
- Remove the drain pump from the washing machine and check for any clogs or damage. If you find any, clean or replace the pump as needed.
- Reinstall the drain pump and run the washing machine to see if the issue has been resolved.
If these steps do not solve the problem, it may be necessary to call a professional repair technician to diagnose and fix the issue.
My Maytag BRAVOS MCT Serial #CY5170277 ModelMVWB750WQ0 has stopped mid cycle.
To retrieve error codes from your Maytag BRAVOS MCT washing machine, you can try the following steps:
- Make sure the washer is in standby mode (all lights off).
- Select any three buttons (except POWER) and follow the steps below, pressing the buttons in the following order within 8 seconds:
- Press and release the 1st button
- Press and release the 2nd button
- Press and release the 3rd button
- Repeat this sequence two more times (a total of 3 times)
- If the buttons are pressed in the correct sequence, all indicator lights will turn on for 5 seconds and then turn off except for the "lid lock" indicator.
- The washer will then start a diagnostic test cycle and the error codes will be displayed in the "Estimated Time Remaining" display.
Note: Make sure to write down any error codes displayed on the screen, as they will be helpful in troubleshooting the issue with your washer.
My Maytag Heavy duty 4 speed select, 10 cycle washing machine agitates while in spin cycle why?
If your Maytag washing machine is agitating during the spin cycle, it could be due to a few different issues. Here are some possible causes:
- Defective Transmission: The transmission in the washing machine is responsible for shifting the agitator and the drum between the spin and agitation cycles. If the transmission is defective, it may not be able to engage or disengage the agitator properly, causing it to spin during the spin cycle.
- Worn Drive Belt: The drive belt connects the motor to the transmission and helps to control the speed and direction of the agitator and drum. If the belt is worn or damaged, it may not be able to properly control the agitator, causing it to spin during the spin cycle.
- Malfunctioning Clutch: The clutch in the washing machine helps to regulate the spin and agitation cycles. If the clutch is not functioning properly, it may not be able to disengage the agitator during the spin cycle, causing it to spin along with the drum.
- Faulty Timer: The timer controls the various cycles and functions of the washing machine, including the spin and agitation cycles. If the timer is faulty, it may not be able to properly sequence the cycles, causing the agitator to spin during the spin cycle.
It's best to have a professional technician inspect and diagnose the issue to determine the exact cause and the necessary repairs.
Maytag model MAH8700AWW has a nd error.
If you have cleaned the drain pump of your Maytag washer model MAH8700AWW and it is still leaving a small amount of water in the tub after the drain cycle, this may be causing the nd error to show up.
One thing you can do is to check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or obstructed, as this can also cause the washer to not drain properly. If the drain hose is clear and there is still water remaining in the tub after the drain cycle, you may need to check the drain pump itself to make sure it is working properly.
It is also possible that there could be a problem with the water level switch or the control board, but you have mentioned that the board tests good according to the troubleshooting book included with the washer.
If you have tried these steps and the issue persists, it may be necessary to consult a professional technician to diagnose and repair the issue with your Maytag washer.
I have a maytag cennatinal washer model #mvwc400xw4 trying replace seal and have hard time removing tub is there any nut holding tub on any help would be appreciated
Here are some general steps that may help you remove the tub:
- Disconnect power: Turn off the power to the washing machine and disconnect the power cord.
- Empty the tub: Remove any clothing or items from the tub.
- Locate the retaining clips: The retaining clips are typically located around the perimeter of the tub, near the top of the machine.
- Release the clips: Use a flat-head screwdriver or pliers to gently release the retaining clips. Be careful not to damage the clips or the tub.
- Check for a retaining nut: If you have difficulty releasing the retaining clips, check to see if there is a retaining nut that needs to be removed. This nut is usually located on the back of the machine, near the bottom of the tub.
- Remove the tub: Once you have released the clips and removed any retaining nuts, you should be able to carefully lift the tub out of the machine.
Maytag LSE1000 Got the top off the machine but can't move top off because of all the attached wires. Is the only way to remove wires?
es, in order to remove the top of a Maytag LSE1000 washing machine, you'll need to first disconnect any attached wires. This is because the wires are connecting important components like the control panel and the sensors to the rest of the machine.
Here are the steps you can follow to safely disconnect the wires:
- Unplug the washing machine: Before you begin, make sure to unplug the machine from the power source to prevent any electrical shock.
- Locate the wires: Look for the wires that are connecting the top of the machine to the rest of the machine. They should be near the back of the machine where the top and bottom halves of the machine meet.
- Label the wires: Label the wires so you know which wire goes where when you're ready to put the machine back together. You can use masking tape and a marker to label each wire.
- Disconnect the wires: Gently pull the wires from their connectors, making sure to keep them separated so they don't get tangled. Be careful not to pull too hard, as this could damage the wires or the connectors.
- Repeat the process for all the wires: Repeat the process for each wire until they're all disconnected.
Once you've disconnected all the wires, you should be able to remove the top of the machine. Make sure to keep the wires organized and in a safe place while you're working on the machine. When you're ready to reassemble the machine, simply reconnect the wires in the reverse order you disconnected them.
Maytag when filling hot water it seems to switch between hot and cold when on hot it seems to be pulsating in the pipes where I can hear it in through the house.
If you are experiencing pulsating hot water in your Maytag washing machine, it is likely due to an issue with the water inlet valve. The water inlet valve is responsible for controlling the hot and cold water that enters the washer. Over time, it can become worn or damaged, which can cause the water flow to pulsate or switch between hot and cold.
To fix this issue, you may need to replace the water inlet valve. This can be done either by a professional or on your own, although it is recommended to seek help from a professional if you are inexperienced with appliance repairs.
Before replacing the water inlet valve, you should also check the hoses for any blockages or kinks, as this can also cause pulsating water flow. Additionally, inspect the pressure switch and the timer, as these can also be a source of the problem.
Once the repair is complete, ensure to check the water pressure in the washer to make sure that it is operating correctly.
Written by Chatsonic
My Maytag top load washer makes a squealing noise during sensing only. There is no noise during washing or during spinning. It is about 3 years old.
A squealing noise during the sensing cycle of your Maytag top-load washer can be caused by a number of factors. Here are some common reasons and steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Loose belt - The noise could be caused by a loose or worn belt that needs to be tightened or replaced. You may need to remove the front panel of the washer to access the belt.
- Idler pulley - If the idler pulley that keeps tension on the belt is worn or damaged, it can cause a squealing noise. Replace the idler pulley if necessary.
- Bearing - A worn bearing in the tub can cause a squealing noise. Replacing the bearing will typically require disassembling the washer.
- Drive motor - If the drive motor is worn or damaged, it can cause a squealing noise. Replace the drive motor if necessary.
If you're not comfortable diagnosing and repairing the issue yourself, it's best to contact a qualified appliance repair technician for assistance.
Maytag top loading washing machine is leaving small black spots on clothes. The washing machine is only 2 years old
Black spots on clothes from a washing machine can be caused by several issues:
- Detergent buildup: Clean the detergent dispenser to remove any buildup.
- Hard water deposits: Install a water softener to remove minerals that can leave spots on clothes.
- Lint buildup: Clean the lint filter to prevent lint buildup.
- Poor-quality detergent: Switch to a high-quality detergent.
- Agitator problems: Check the agitator for any damage or issues.
If the issue persists, it is recommended to have a professional technician diagnose and repair the problem as it may require technical skills and specialized tools.
Maytag SE1000 won't start
It sounds like there could be an issue with either the control assembly or the wiring between it and the washer or dryer. I suggest having a qualified technician take a look at your washer and dryer to check the wiring and control assembly for any problems. The technician should also be able to help you determine the cause of the issue and advise you on how to proceed.
Clothes wrapping around washing machine agitator.
This issue could be caused by a number of things. It is possible that the clothes are not properly balanced in the wash drum, causing them to wrap around the agitator. It could also be a problem with the agitator itself, or with the transmission.
Lid on my maytag bravo top load washer won't go into the latch to close
It sounds like you are having trouble getting the lid on your Maytag Bravo top-load washer to close properly, even after replacing the lid strike and the lid latch. There could be a few reasons for this issue:
- The lid strike and latch are not properly aligned: Make sure that the lid strike and latch are properly aligned and that the strike is lined up correctly with the latch.
- The lid strike is not adjusted correctly: The lid strike may need to be adjusted in order to properly engage the latch. Check the installation instructions for the strike to see if there are any adjustment instructions.
- The lid latch is in lock mode: Some Maytag Bravo top-load washers have a lock mode that prevents the lid from being opened during a wash cycle. Make sure that the latch is not in lock mode by checking the owner's manual for instructions on how to unlock the latch.
- The lid strike or latch are defective: If you've tried the above steps and the lid still won't close, the new strike or latch may be defective. It's recommended to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or to contact a professional technician for repair.
It's important to make sure that the lid is closed properly before starting a wash cycle to prevent water from leaking out of the washer.
Not finding what you are looking for?