20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Why won't my washer finish it's cycle?
First attack is the lid switch- make sure it connects when closed- you can bypass with a jumper until replaced. After that the water inlet valve. If asking for cold rinse the washer will just sit there waiting to fill. confrim cold water at the valve by pulling hoses or if there is cold at other times like warm wash - you can feel it while filling. There may be a blocked in-line filter so check the external hoses and valve too.
WHy won't my washer finish its cycle?
check lid switch first, this is most common.(machine thinks lid is open), carefully lift and lower lid an you should here a faint click. otherwise i hit some timer issues but not so common. there is no reset, the model you gave comes back as electro-mechanical and not electronic
My Maytag MAT12PDBAW sometimes stops
Hello mrb.... When the cycle doesn't advance, it's probably the timer or a cold-water supply problem:
It's the timer, if your washing machine fills with water and begins agitating, but the timer never advances--or if the washer is in a spin cycle and the timer won't advance. Then you need to replace the timer.
It may be a cold-water supply problem, if the washing machine fills with water, agitates, drains, and spins, but then doesn't fill with rinse water.
Some washing machines allow cold water to enter only during certain cycles. Others intermittently allow hot and cold to enter, to temper the temperature of the water. Consult your owner's manual if you are unsure about whether the machine is acting abnormally.
If you're sure the machine is not working the way it used to--or should--check the following.
Is the cold water turned on? If not, turn it on OR CHECK TO BE SURE THAT THE LINE ISN'T CLOGGED WITH MINERAL DEPOSITS CAUSING A REDUCED FLOW TO THOSE PROBLEMATIC MACHINES. [I WOULD START BY INVESTIGATING THIS].
Is the washer getting hot water but no cold water? If so, check to see if the control panel settings are correct.
Is there cold water coming through the proper hose? If not, check to see if the screen inside the water-inlet valve is clean. (The water-inlet valve is the device on the washing machine that the fill hoses are attached to.) If it's clean, you probably have a defective water-inlet valve. If so, you need to replace the valve. Joe
Thanks for choosing fixya!
Lid on my maytag bravo top load washer won't go into the latch to close
It sounds like you are having trouble getting the lid on your Maytag Bravo top-load washer to close properly, even after replacing the lid strike and the lid latch. There could be a few reasons for this issue:
- The lid strike and latch are not properly aligned: Make sure that the lid strike and latch are properly aligned and that the strike is lined up correctly with the latch.
- The lid strike is not adjusted correctly: The lid strike may need to be adjusted in order to properly engage the latch. Check the installation instructions for the strike to see if there are any adjustment instructions.
- The lid latch is in lock mode: Some Maytag Bravo top-load washers have a lock mode that prevents the lid from being opened during a wash cycle. Make sure that the latch is not in lock mode by checking the owner's manual for instructions on how to unlock the latch.
- The lid strike or latch are defective: If you've tried the above steps and the lid still won't close, the new strike or latch may be defective. It's recommended to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or to contact a professional technician for repair.
It's important to make sure that the lid is closed properly before starting a wash cycle to prevent water from leaking out of the washer.
Got an error code id 11 on maytag JJW9530DDS
Reset power to the product:
There may be a problem with the Oven Temperature Sensor, the Control, or the associated wiring.
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
- Monitor the oven for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
- Verify oven operation.
Clothes wrapping around washing machine agitator.
This issue could be caused by a number of things. It is possible that the clothes are not properly balanced in the wash drum, causing them to wrap around the agitator. It could also be a problem with the agitator itself, or with the transmission.
How to get clothes out of a locked washing machine
Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker or unplugging for one (1) minute. Power unit up by reconnecting power. Restart a new cycle. Monitor the washer for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
Best to you
Not finding what you are looking for?