20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Need driver and software for the
Unless you are running anything less than windows 98 you should not need drivers. This is a generic case that I also have.
Be aware that some older smaller drives will not work with many of these cases. If its not an onlder drive read below it mya help you out
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section
on Sep 24, 2009
What are unique promotional products?
Promotional products are usually created and distributed to companies to promote their business, their products and/or services. Can also be used to help in fundraising for charity, cancer research funding, campaigns against drinking and driving. The range of products can be a pen with a logo, a hat with a specific crest, any "gadgets" putting a company's products in evidence.
1 hour ago
Virtual Numbers: How Are They Useful?
Virtual numbers can be important for maintaining privacy, reducing costs, and improving communication, making the process seamless. The internet-based number can be assigned to any device, whether it's a desk phone or a softphone app on your computer. I read a cool article here: https://callgear.com/blog/virtual-numbers-how-are-they-useful/ . Read it, maybe it will help you get answers to questions.
17 hours ago
I can no longer view
are you saying that you could view them up until now
if so you could try a system restore back to when it was ok
usually found in start programs accessories system tools then system restore
search or run
type in system restore
then look for a date back to when all was well
windows will then shut down and try to restore back to when you asked it too
and on restart it will tell you if it succeeded or not
23 hours ago
Not finding what you are looking for?