Calibrate laptop battery pack under the following conditions:
? When the battery status display seems inaccurate.
? When you observe a significant change in normal batteryrun time.
? When the battery pack has not been used for one monthor more.
How to Calibrate laptop battery
To Calibrate laptop battery pack, you must fully charge, fullydischarge, and then fully recharge the battery pack.
Discharging the Battery Pack
To fully discharge the battery pack, disable Hibernation temporarily.
To disable Hibernation:
? Select the Power Meter icon on the taskbar or access Power Options
> Hibernate, and clear the Enable Hibernate support check box.
To fully discharge the battery pack:
- Select the Power Meter icon on the taskbar, or select Start >
Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Power Options >
- Write down the 3 settings in the Plugged In column and the
- settings in the Running on Batteries column, so you can reset them after calibration.
- Select the drop-down lists and set all 6 options in both columns to Never.
- Select the OK button.
- Disconnect the notebook from the external power source, but do not turn off the notebook.
- Run the notebook on battery power until the battery pack is fully
discharged. The battery light begins to blink when the battery pack has
discharged to a low-battery condition. When the battery pack is fully
discharged, the power/Standby light turns off and the notebook shuts