20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
LG Split unit turns itself off after a couple of seconds of opera
Check your remote control using your camera or cellphone camera as your
eyes. Point the remote control transmitter to your camera and "on",
light should emit in your remote control transmitter (means good
remote). Reset the unit by disconnecting the power supply for 10 sec. then "on"
again and start the unit. If it wont work you need a qualified tech. to
solve the problem.Some of your safety device might be defective.
on Mar 04, 2016
WATER LEAKING FROM MY SPLIT TYPE LG AIRCON
1. Do not set the aircon too low temperature in overcast weather, this will cause ice ups and water dripping. Optimal comfort zone temperature is 24c.
2. You need to open the grill cover on the front of the aircon which unclips either end left and right with a finger pressure. You will find two filters which can slide out and should be cleaned. First tap them together to remove dust, then you can wash them with mild soap and cold water.
3. There is the third possibility that an insect has made a nest in the drainpipe. You should look on the outside of the building and locate a plastic drainpipe. You can either blow into this pipe with your mouth or get a blower. This will unblock any restriction in the drainpipe.
Goodluck and ratemeplease.
on Mar 30, 2015
Lg air con turns itself of
Usually when an AC runs a couple of mins then turn off is due to a couple of things; (is there a blinking light as well?)
1. Gas pressure is too low so AC is cutting off on the coil sensor
2. The Coil Sensor itself is defective
Two sensors are located inside the evaporator with one at the front of the coil (room sensor) and one at the side if the coil inside a copper sleeve (Coil Sensor)
Remove both sensors.using a multimete, turn it to measure resistance in ohms then take the wires of the sensors and touch them with the meter leads. You should get an ohmic reading in kilo-ohms usually between 4k-10k ohms. With the leads connected, rub the sensor between your fingers and see if the value of the resistance change, it should.
If your reading is in ohms 0-999 the sensor is bad.
Note that the value of the sensor should be replaced with the same value or else it would not work i believe LG units are compatible with 8k ohm sensors
on Feb 27, 2015
Turn on LG aircon inside
C5- Indoor to put door communication problem.
Comms Error, check your wiring, remove external pumps. Split/Multi - check volts from terminal N to 3 = 0 - 65 Vdc, Multi V - 4 Vdc terminals 3 and 4
on Dec 31, 2014
Lg split ac not working
i have a similar situation going on this is the second time this is happening the remtoe sensor doesnt work when faced towards the ac .its really sad that i bought this unit just 5 yrs back
on Jul 13, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?