How to clean a scotsman icemaker
WHAT SHOULDN'T BE DONE.
Never keep anything in the ice storage bin that is not ice; objects like wine or beer bottles are not only unsanitary, but the labels may slip off and plug up the drain. Never allow the machine to operate without regular. The machine will last longer if it is kept clean. Regular cleaning should happen at least once per year,and preferable twice. Some water conditions will dictate even more frequent cleaning of the ice making section, and some carpets or pets will dictate more frequent cleaning or the condenser.
WHAT SHOULD BE KEPT CLEAN?
There are 5 things to keep clean:
1. The outside cabinet & door.
2. The ice storage bin.
3. The condenser.
4. The ice making system.
5. The ice scoop.
HOW TO CLEAN THE CABINET.
Wipe off any spills on the surface of the door and handle as they occur. If anything spilled on the door of gasket dries onto the surface, wash with soap and warm water to remove.
HOW TO CLEAN THE ICE STORAGE BIN.
The ice storage bin should be sanitized occasionally. It is usually convenient to sanitize the bin after the ice making system has been cleaned, and the storage bin empty. A sanitizing solution can be made of 1 ounce of household bleach and two gallons of hot (95 deg F.-115 deg F.)Water. Use a clean cloth and wipe down the interior of the ice storage bin with the sanitizing solution, pour some of the solution down the drain. Allow to dry.
HOW TO CLEAN THE CONDENSER.
The condenser is like a radiator on a car, it has fins and tubed that can become clogged. To clean:
1. Remove the kick plate.
2. Locate the condenser surface.
3. Vacuum the surface, remove all dust and lint.
4. Replace the kick plate.
CLEANING THE SYSTEM.
HOW TO CLEAN THE ICE MAKING SYSTEM.
1. Open the door and turn the ice machine control knob off.
2. Scoop out all of the ice, either discard it or save it in a ice chest or cooler.
3. Pour 4 ounces of Scotsman ice Machine Cleaner ( available from a local Scotsman Distributor or Dealer, ask for part number 19-0343-06- an 8 ounce bottle) into the ice machine reservoir.
4. Turn the ice machine control to ON.
5. Allow the machine to operate for about 2 hours.
6. Pour hot water into the bin to melt the ice that has formed. That ice will likely be white and frosty looking.
7. Clean the bin liner of mineral scale by mixing some ice machine cleaner and hot water, and using that solution to scrub the scale off of the liner.
8. Rinse the liner with hot water.
9. Sanitize the bin interior.
10. Replace the ice removed in step 2.
The ice scoop should be washed regularly, wash it just like any other food container.
WARNING; Scotsman ice machine cleaner contains acids. These compounds may cause burns. If swallowed,DO NOT induce vomiting. Give large amounts of water or milk. Call Physician immediately. In case of skin contact,flush with water. Keep out of the reach of children. Always follow manufactures directions.
on Aug 27, 2015