20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
-Turn off both computer and monitor
-unplug monitor from computer(still plugged into power supply)
-turn on computer and monitor(monitor is still unplugged)
-After computer is on for about 30 sec. plug monitor into computer
-turn off both monitor and computer(now connected together)
-turn on monitor then computer and should be good to go!!!
This is a duplicate post, click on the following link to go to the active posting: http://www.fixya.com/support/t139319-monitor
Are you sure this is a monitor problem? I have a user with a Mac that occasionally has the same symptoms you describe. For me I generally have to shut the computer down and physically unplug the power cord from the computer (not monitor), reattach it and restart.
Let us know if that works for you.
Sony cfd-s70 Will Not Read CDs
There are a few possible causes for a Sony CFD-S70 CD player not reading CDs. Some possible issues include:
- Dirty or damaged CD: Make sure the CD is clean and free of scratches or damage.
- Dirty lens: The lens that reads the CD may be dirty or dusty. A cleaning disc can be used to clean the lens, or you can use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe it clean.
- Faulty lens: If the lens is faulty, it may need to be replaced.
- Faulty CD mechanism: If the CD mechanism is not working properly, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Power Supply Problem: Make sure the power supply is connected and the power outlet is working.
- Firmware issue: A firmware issue could prevent the CD player from reading CDs. You should check the Sony website to see if there are any firmware updates available for your specific model.
If the problem persists after trying these suggestions, it is recommended to take the device to a professional repair service or the nearest Sony Service center.
Have a sony nwz a818 but windows 10 wont recognise it. what windows will it work with ie windows 7/8/vista have a unused windows 10 which i can downgrade to any of these windows operating systems
If your Sony NWZ A818 is not being recognized by Windows 10, it may be an issue with the device driver. The device driver is software that allows the operating system to communicate with the hardware.
Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Connect the Sony NW on a different USB port on your computer, sometimes it may be a problem with the USB port.
- Check for Windows updates and install any updates that are available.
- Uninstall and reinstall the device driver.
- Try connecting the device to another computer to see if it is recognized.
- Downgrade your operating system to a version that has been tested and confirmed to work with your device, such as Windows 7, 8 or Vista.
It's important to note that some devices may not be compatible with newer operating systems and may require a downgrade to an older version of the operating system. It is always recommended to check the device's official website or the manual for information on which operating systems are supported and compatible.
If you decide to downgrade your operating system, it's important to make sure that you have a backup of your important files and data and that you follow the instructions provided by Microsoft or your computer manufacturer to ensure a successful downgrade.
How can I fix my Sony SDM E96D TFT LCD color computer display goes on and off
There are a few possible reasons why your Sony SDM E96D TFT LCD color computer display might be turning on and off:
- The display might be overheating. If the display is in a poorly ventilated area, or if it has been running for an extended period of time, it may shut off to prevent damage. Try moving the display to a well-ventilated area, or allow it to cool down before using it again.
- The display might be experiencing a power issue. Check the power cord to make sure it is securely plugged in to both the display and the wall outlet. If the display is plugged in to a surge protector or power strip, try plugging it directly in to the wall outlet to see if this fixes the issue.
- There might be a problem with the display's hardware. If the display is still under warranty, you should contact Sony for service. If the display is not under warranty, you may need to take it to a repair shop to have it fixed.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Need Sony RM-DC355 Remote Control User Guide
A good way to quickly get the manual for your Sony remote would be to ask Sony to email it to you. You can reach them to start the process by calling 1-800-944-2904. If that does not work, please make the request to them via twitter. Their handle is @sony.
Sony DRX-820UL-T; DVD-RW USB2.0 (by Vaio)
It is possible that the Sony DRX-820UL-T DVD-RW drive is no longer supported by the manufacturer and that the necessary drivers are no longer available. This is often the case for older devices that have not been manufactured or supported for a long time.
If you are unable to find the drivers on the Sony or Vaio websites, you can try the following options:
- Check online forums or communities: There may be online forums or communities where users have shared their own drivers or solutions for this particular DVD-RW drive.
- Check third-party driver websites: There are several websites that offer drivers for a wide range of devices, including older ones. You can try searching for the drivers on these websites to see if they are available.
- Check with a technical support team: You may be able to get help from a technical support team or a professional repair service that specializes in older or discontinued devices. They may be able to provide you with the necessary drivers or help you find a solution to the problem.
It is worth noting that using third-party drivers or unsupported software can be risky and may cause issues with your device or system. It is recommended to exercise caution and consider the potential risks before proceeding.
I lost the charger cord for the battery charger of my sony camera
Hi, I don't think the change in the charging cable caused the problem, the fact that the battery is old makes it prone to such issues.
It's always advised you use the cord that is supplied by the manufacturer or make a like-for-like change this ensures the device will perform optimally, having said that, I am not sure that a change in the charging cable would produce such an issue instantly.
That's why I insist that you may need to replace the battery or check if the battery works or behaves in the same manner in a different device before changing it.
Solve my issue of transferring data from my Sony HDR-SR10E TO pc?
If you're having trouble transferring data from your Sony HDR-SR10E to your pc, there are a few things you can try.
First, make sure that the cables you're using are in good working order and correctly connected. If that doesn't work, try restarting both your pc and your Sony HDR-SR10E.
If the problem persists, it's possible that the data you're trying to transfer is corrupted. In that case, you'll need to use a different method to transfer the data, such as a USB drive.
Looking for recovery disk(s) for the Sony Viao PCV-7752
Well, good and bad news. First the good news. The Sony site says to contact Best Buy for OS systems older than Windows 7.
Now the bad news about the alternatives.
Sony's recovery disks check for model numbers, so they are not interchangeable. If you use a generic XP installation, it will wipe personal data files and definitely not install or recover any Sony software. And Windows own XP Recovery Console demands you put in the recovery CD/DVD. As you finding the recovery disk at Sony, that's a no go. No do I find it at 3rd party sites, not even internet archive for your model. As you are looking for restoration to factory defaults, there is no use pointing to data recovery options. Nor do I find the recovery discs on Ebay. And Microsoft does not offer an ISO of XP and says sites that do may contain malware.
The needle in the haystack approach would be to seek the discs on an XP Forum site. There is a site that alleges it is working on a workaround to defeat Sony's check of model numbers but I see no result. Just why Best Buy might could help, I don't know. My stops at Best Buy suggests they ship the computer off to parts unknown and I suppose one such outfit would either have the recovery discs or wipe the computer and put on a generic XP setup minus Sony software and personal data. So, maybe this information will help you in your decisions.
Not finding what you are looking for?