20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I lost the CD that
Go to esupport.sony.com there they list all there drivers for there products. Hope this helps.
My computer doesn't recognize the camera, however,
Well the problem occurs to to driver, so first of all you can try to install driver of your camcorder into computer, you can follow the below link to download the driver -
(Post comments if further you have the same problem)
Thanks for using FixYa!!
I am trying to copy
you have to activate the IEEE 1394(FireWire) port ...either by installing a suitable driver ..or if it is just disabled..go to bios..load the optimal factory defaults..and save with f10...after that look for the port into the device manager ...if it is in yellow in needs driver ..if it isant seen at all..right clik on computer and scan for hardware changes..and make it visible...
another way to do it ..its by runing the add new hardware wizard from control panel..and choose the port from a list after clicking already aded...but not installed...the driver is built in windows..but if it is not present it is available on google search ..
Not able to see through view finder / LCD. picture
Had the same problem. It's ainternal flex wire connecting LCD with camcorder. Got from the repair shop did it by miself and it's like knew.
It's a common problem as this cable is bend each time when we open the LCD screen, so the cable become faulty.
With a viefinder the problem is related to the view finder cable ,it must have got broken as it gets hard while the usage. good luck
Transfer video to computer (sony dcr-trv38)
I had a same issue but now I found one way using the fireware that comes with the DCR-TRV38. I tried on my windows XP service pack 2.
1. hook up the fireware cable both in sony and the computer. If your computer does not have fireware card, you need one.
2. switch the camera button from "off" to "camera"
3. after few seconds you will see new hardware found and will ready for use. you may also see pop up window to capture the video if you have Microsoft Windows Movie Maker (WMM).
4. open the editing s/w and capture the video. I used the WMM which gives many option to capture the video (ie:DV-AVI, high quality format and many more)
hope this helps.
No picture seen or recorded - only audio
I had a similar problem with my Sony 14E in that it would not record at all - sound or pictures. Prior to that I had the lines indicating head cleaning necessary. I did this, and still nothing. I then did the following which you might try.
1. Clean the heads (I did it about 3 times in the space of a couple of hours).
2. Leave the camera tape section open (with or without the tape in) for a couple of hours and the camera in a WARM PLACE. I had condensation message prior to my problems too.
3. Put in a recorded tape and attempt to view it. Immediately I had the "dirty" lines for a few seconds then it played the recording.
AT THAT STAGE I TRIED TO RECORD - NOTHING.
Repeat Steps 1 - 3 because this seems to be about dirt and cold.
4. When step 3 is reached again! try to record. Eventually this worked for me.
I hope this helps and works for you.
Audio problem in our Sony TRV38 handycam..Please help!
I am not sure if you can use an external microphone on that model (check your owners manual) but that would be the first thing to try. If it records OK using an external mike, then the problem is with the internal microphone.
Battery symbol blinking when put on charging.
It does sound like the battery needs to be replaced, but it also could be an internal charging problem with the camcorder. I would try a new battery first, since it's the easiest and cheapest option
Unable to play Audio after Video Capture
I happen to have this setup...
you need to set the audio source (the usb camera connection.)
It is possible to hook up via the sound card, but that could be stressful for some.
The mechanism damage may cause the improper loading.
Replacement is the best solution.
If you need service manual and Spare mechanism kindly let me know.
You should take it into a camera shop and have them inspect it. Those assemblies are pretty detailed. They have the tools to fix the problem.
Not finding what you are looking for?